| FTBL We play Mike Price in 08?

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

Ran across something interesting tonight guys. You know that our non-conference schedule routinely features teams like Directional Louisiana or Hyphenated U. Historially UTEP has been one of these lesser teams and we've played them recently. According to this source anyway, BAMA will NOT be playing UTEP next year as expected.

I have to wonder who is responsible for this? Not that it's a huge loss, but it sure would have made for some drama (not to mention another televised game) as you have to expect that ESPN or a similar network would have picked this up for the story alone.

Any thoughts?

http://utep.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=682416

When UTEP played Colorado in the Houston Bowl in 2004, the game was portrayed as Stripper U vs. Hooker U. I suppose Bama wanted to avoid that kind of story line.

252BAMA said:
When UTEP played Colorado in the Houston Bowl in 2004, the game was portrayed as Stripper U vs. Hooker U. I suppose Bama wanted to avoid that kind of story line.

Avoid it? If we had a Stipper U vs. Hooker U, I'd be first in line. :lol:

That would absolutely be the worst team we could play right now. Right up there with wherever Mike Shula lands. That's the kind of game where you get less than nothing for winning(injuries, wear and tear) and it's the end of your hope for a respectable season. Plus, you get to hear all the Mike Price crap.

I think the only way this game is played, is if Mike Price isn't there next year. If he is, I look for both schools to agree to look for someone else to play and Bama probably will let UTEP out without a penality.

Back
Top Bottom