| FTBL We Just Beat The Hell Out You

G

Hey, old, weird fuddy duddies!

We just beat the hell out you!
Rammer Jammer, Yellowhammer, give 'em hell Alabama!

Does anyone else get tired of the same old boring pontifications by the same old boring types of people who say:

'Bama fans should have class, Rammer Jammer is bad.
Rammer Jammer is trashy, it should be banned.
Rammer Jammer is of the devil.
Let's not do it anymore because it is mean.

Blah, blah, blah.

It is great, people love it, faces light up and little children smile when Rammer Jammer is chanted.

It is unique and special and no other college team has anything even resembling it. It is authentic and frankly, awe inspiring.

When you have a stadium full of rabid football fans chanting Rammer Jammer, it is intimidating and something opposing fans and players will never forget.

Truth be told, after the game is over and some days have past, the opposing teams and fans probably think: Man, that is pretty cool, I wish our fanbase had something like that.

It is a bond, a tether that binds 'Bama fans and 'Bama players together, they chant it together. It is part of Alabama's culture.

It reminds me of the atmosphere of European football/soccer matches. Whole stadiums singing together, expressing their solidarity, their support, their fandom.

Don't some of you wish all the whiney folks, all the complainers, all the better than thou's would just dry up and get over it?

To me, they are the ones that should be muzzled and told to grow up.

and here we are again. :o

Yes I do wish they would get over it.

I am so sick of hear people say stuff like we shouldnt do that it might hurt their feelings.

I cant believe we stil keep score in any sport these days.

Did I go to sleep, miss not only the fall season but recruiting, signing day, and suddenly I've woken up and it's the off-season?

It is 93 degrees outside...that fits.
Re-runs on TV, that fits.
Ramma Jamma discussion. That fits.

:lol: :lol:

J/K Altie...

I sit in my seat and don't cheer, clap, or move at games. So, no dog in this fight.

TerryP said:
Did I go to sleep, miss not only the fall season but recruiting, signing day, and suddenly I've woken up and it's the off-season?

J/K Altie...

I sit in my seat and don't cheer, clap, or move at games. So, no dog in this fight.

:D :D :D

Rolling Tide said:

I am so sick of hear people say stuff like we shouldnt do that it might hurt their feelings.

Right, scores can hurt people's feelings too, especially when they lose. Thank goodness we aren't like that college in Virginia where they recently banned any types of banners at the games, even little bitty signs held up by children.

Crazy. I guess the next PC wave of correctness will be that no fans at college football games can wear the colors of their team because it may intimidate someone.

TerryP said:

J/K Altie...

93 degrees? It is only 78 here in the outskirts of B-Ham. Where are you at?

CtrlAltieDel said:
Rolling Tide said:

Right, scores can hurt people's feelings too, especially when they lose. Thank goodness we aren't like that college in Virginia where they recently banned any types of banners at the games, even little bitty signs held up by children.

Crazy. I guess the next PC wave of correctness will be that no fans at college football games can wear the colors of their team because it may intimidate someone.

WOW!!! Dont be doggin my state of VIRGINIA!!!!
And no rammajamma. Nobody called you! :)

Lenny Kozlowski said:
What would you think about the cheer if it was copied from a conference foe? Someone of say Ole Miss?

Good one, Lenny. I hope Houston Nutt doesn't try to take it away from us.

CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

J/K Altie...

Charleston, SC.

Of course, when you are all bundled up and the temp in December is freezing I'll be at 78, in shorts, playing golf! :lol:

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

J/K Altie...

Charleston, SC.

Of course, when you are all bundled up and the temp in December is freezing I'll be at 78, in shorts, playing golf! :lol:

Porkchop and I where shorts all year!
So when you (Terryp) start complaining about the HEAT we will be at the beach with a breeze and 75 degrees!!!
P.S. I just played torrey pines!!! And it was 78. With a slight breeze!
:D

CtrlAltieDel said:
It is unique and special and no other college team has anything even resembling it. It is authentic and frankly, awe inspiring.

You've apparently never heard Ole Miss sing Hoddy Toddie. Very similar.

I have no problem singing Rammer Jammer as long as it is a legit beat down of a worthy opponent. By beat down of a worthy opponent, I mean a conference foe, or a top 25 OOC team, and we have beat them by a minimum of 2 TD's. Singing Rammer Jammer after a 3 point victory over any wind directional school is just stupid.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
AWWW I SEE NOW :D

As a resident you get to play there for pretty cheap though right?

Hell no....they make us pay more!

HAHA. I know someone that has a PGA card. So we played the South Coarse for cheap :D

I shot a 17 over. I cant complain. First time there. Super nice people. Can only say the best!

Bama Bo said:
I have no problem singing Rammer Jammer as long as it is a legit beat down of a worthy opponent. By beat down of a worthy opponent, I mean a conference foe, or a top 25 OOC team, and we have beat them by a minimum of 2 TD's. Singing Rammer Jammer after a 3 point victory over any wind directional school is just stupid.

I agree. I also didn't really think it was necessary the other night. It didn't really bother me or anything; I just chose not to participate in that one.

Back
Top Bottom