| FTBL Vol Network game replay on SportsSouth...

I started watching it again and couldn't get past the Vol Network logo's time and time and time again. I'll settle for watching the three Dave's before seeing this much orange.

TerryP said:
I started watching it again and couldn't get past the Vol Network logo's time and time and time again. I'll settle for watching the three Dave's before seeing this much orange.

I'll say this for them, they do apparently use cameras and production equipment that was not purchased at Big Lots, unlike the ACN crew that I'm used to watching.

Porterhouse said:
TerryP said:

I'll say this for them, they do apparently use cameras and production equipment that was not purchased at Big Lots, unlike the ACN crew that I'm used to watching.

:lol: :lol:

I think my grand son could do a better job. No emoticon at all with these guys. But one thing these guys show see all the hold Alabama did in the game. :shock:

Porterhouse said:

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the VN version of the game. The video quality was actually better than the LFN broadcast, too.

The BamaNation deserves better than what they are offered by the Crimson Tide Network, especially since there are so many folks unable to get season tickets. At least make the video broadcast a decent viewing experience for everyone unable to attend the games.

The masses need to get a petition going or boycott a couple of those Crimson Tide broadcasts.

I would also like to see a full-time SEC HD Network come to be, much like the channel the BigTen has launched.

bear facts said:
Porterhouse said:

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the VN version of the game. The video quality was actually better than the LFN broadcast, too.

The BamaNation deserves better than what they are offered by the Crimson Tide Network, especially since there are so many folks unable to get season tickets. At least make the video broadcast a decent viewing experience for everyone unable to attend the games.

The masses need to get a petition going or boycott a couple of those Crimson Tide broadcasts.

I would also like to see a full-time SEC HD Network come to be, much like the channel the BigTen has launched.

Agreed on all counts. The CTN broadcasts are really only a small step above listening to your favorite music with AM radio quality. Alabama should strive to be the best at everything it does and the simple things make a difference on perception. Not to mention the fact that we have a supposedly great School of Broadcast and Journalism. The Nick Saban show looks like it is produced by my old High School broadcast class. I think we did better work!!

The WCU/BAMA game was one of the worst broadcasts that I have ever witnessed. I would be ashamed that we have recruits that taped that game to watch or, worse yet, paid whatever it costs to buy PPV these days! The high school games done on CSS are better in some cases and the video quality certainly is. No knock on Chris Stewart. He does the best for what is given him.

I think it would be cool of Eli Gold would do a TV game (please, no Eli insults!). I think he and Snake would be a hoot on a TV game. Chris Stewart already does a great job with basketball play by play. He could fill in for Eli on the radio. Both scenarios would be intriguing.

bamafan4ever said:
bear facts said:
Porterhouse said:

Agreed on all counts. The CTN broadcasts are really only a small step above listening to your favorite music with AM radio quality. Alabama should strive to be the best at everything it does and the simple things make a difference on perception. Not to mention the fact that we have a supposedly great School of Broadcast and Journalism. The Nick Saban show looks like it is produced by my old High School broadcast class. I think we did better work!!

The WCU/BAMA game was one of the worst broadcasts that I have ever witnessed. I would be ashamed that we have recruits that taped that game to watch or, worse yet, paid whatever it costs to buy PPV these days! The high school games done on CSS are better in some cases and the video quality certainly is. No knock on Chris Stewart. He does the best for what is given him.

I think it would be cool of Eli Gold would do a TV game (please, no Eli insults!). I think he and Snake would be a hoot on a TV game. Chris Stewart already does a great job with basketball play by play. He could fill in for Eli on the radio. Both scenarios would be intriguing.

I agree with both of you. I've heard callers complain to Chris Stewart on his radio shows in the past, and he just kind of apologizes and says it is out of his hands, he just calls the games. The picture and sound quality is a joke though. We have a channel here in Tuscaloosa that just shows traffic cameras 24/7 and even those are much better quality than whatever they are using at the games. It really is sad.

Porterhouse said:
TerryP said:

It's the LF feed...just used on the Vol Network...at least, that's the way it appeared to me. If it wasn't UT, I'd do more research on the Vol network.

bear facts said:
I may be getting old and my eyes deceiving me, but the video quality of the game last night was better than what I watched on Saturday for whatever reason.

I thought of that last night myself...and I suspect it had to do with the quality of equipment used to broadcast the signal. As an analogy, think of a studio recording heard live and then heard on CD.

I can't say for sure...none of my experience in Reese-Phipher was on the technical end of things.

Back
Top Bottom