| FTBL Visitors locker room officially named *The Fail Room*

MDBtrumpet04

Verified Member
they are an EPIC FAIL!

The University of Alabama is set to honor Mobile native James M. Fail by placing his name on a prominent fixture at Bryant-Denny Stadium. A donation by Mr. Fail to the Crimson Tide Foundation will result in the visitors' locker room being officially named "The Fail Room."

Mr. Fail served three years in the U.S. Navy before graduating from UA in 1949 and beginning a successful and wide-ranging career in the financial sector. His current duties include serving as chairman of Stone Holdings, Inc., and Bluebonnet Savings Bank.

OFFICIAL UA PRESS RELEASE ON "THE FAIL ROOM"

-------------------

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Despite a lifetime of philanthropic giving to a variety of causes, James M. Fail never felt the desire to have anything actually named in his honor. “After all,” he says, “who would want anything with the name ‘Fail’ on it?”

In ceremonies Monday morning at Bryant-Denny Stadium, his question was finally answered. Made possible by Fail’s generous gift to the Crimson Tide Foundation, the Visitors’ Locker Room was officially named “The Fail Room.”

“This naming opportunity came at Mr. Fail’s request,” said Mal Moore, Director of Athletics. “Mr. Fail has been such a strong supporter of ours and had already made a significant gift to name our media suite in memory of his late father-in-law, former Birmingham Post-Herald sports editor Naylor Stone. But he had always been hesitant to use his unique name for a naming right until the right opportunity came along.”

Fail, a native of Mobile, graduated from the University of Alabama in 1949 after a three-year stint in the U.S. Navy. Following his graduation, he began his storied career in the investment, mortgage, banking, savings and loan, and insurance fields. Mr. Fail continues to serve as the chairman of Stone Holdings, Inc., and Bluebonnet Savings Bank as well as various positions within the family of the Stone Holdings companies.

Fail credits the University for his success in the business world.

“Anything I’ve done would not have been possible without the University of Alabama,” he said. “But not so much from a ‘making money’ standpoint. At the University, I learned how to learn. I learned discipline and how to apply what I learned to the real world. Now, many years later, I am honored to give back to the school that means so much to me. Earlier this year, when I saw the visitors’ locker room as a potential naming right, I figured it was the most appropriate opportunity I would ever have to use my name.”

Fail’s loyalty and dedication has made a lasting impression on Moore.

“Over the years, we’ve developed a special relationship with Mr. Fail,” he said. “What a joy he has been to work with and get to know. We’ve all been energized by being around him, his approach to life, his generosity, and his excitement for life. Needless to say, his most recent gift, and the way he chose to use it, will be remembered for many years to come.”

Porter said:
I'm still laughing about this. I love the bold lettering above the locker room entrance, it didn't just get the bronze plaque to the side like most named rooms get. :lol:

Photo gallery...
http://www.rolltide.com/view.gal?id=39707

The_Fail_Room_1.png

Back
Top Bottom