| FTBL UGA dismisses leading WR, Hollomon, after details of 2018 domestic violence incident are made public.

Tidestalker

"[The victim] stated she called the suspect's brother, identified only as 'LJ,' to come and pick her up," the University of Georgia police report states. "[The victim] stated that while she was waiting on LJ to arrive, the suspect began to choke her. [The victim] stated that LJ walked in at this point and pulled the suspect off her. [The victim] stated that she got behind LJ for protection. [The victim] stated the suspect then reached over LJ and punched her in the face."

During an interview with UGA police, Holloman admitted he hit the woman with a "quick jab" with his right hand.

so the problem i have with this, is...

"Jeremiah said that he laughed [during an argument with the woman] and she then started to hit him in the face and upper body multiple times," UGA police officer Will Graham wrote in the report. "Jeremiah said that he hit her with his right hand while pushing her off with the left."

if she hit him first, then what he did is self defense....plain and simple. the deciding factor, to me, would be his brother. if his (the brother) account is the same as hers, then what he did was wrong. but if Jeremiah was hit first, all he did was defend himself.

also, she waited more than a year to file a police report?!

Last edited:
@sk33tr
I agree with most of your points and sentiment. I think the issue is he admitted to jabbing her in the face. Going to be hard for the cancel crowd to get past that part, almost regardless of the circumstances.

Ultimately it comes down to Kirby and I'm sure his boss not wanting the bad pub or issues associated with the case. It is what it is... In 2019, better be beyond careful... And certainly, no snap jabs if possible.

RTR

The part I have trouble with is that when his brother showed up Holloman was choking her and his brother had to pull him off. The police said she had marks around the neck when they showed up. LJ, the brother, may have easily verified her account of the incident. Either way, Kirby knew the gig was up.

Every dude I’ve arrested in a domestic has used the “self defense” excuse to try and get out of it.
Agree, disagree, or something to chew on.

Female, intoxicated, 6' 140 lbs screaming (with the emphasis on the finger in the face approach, ya know,) AND lays her hands on a male.

Male says, "I'm going to stop treating you like a women if you continue."

Tough spot, I'd say. Situations like his one are why statements like ...

You NEVER hit a woman....period....period...period
Only a coward hits a woman.....i have always taught my male kids and grankids such...
Ifyou cant walk away....run!

... bother me. It's a blanket statement. @50+yeartidefan Id bet if you had a 30-40 year old female assaulting Mrs. 50+ you'd end up phrasing that differently.

... bother me. It's a blanket statement. @50+yeartidefan Id bet if you had a 30-40 year old female assaulting Mrs. 50+ you'd end up phrasing that differently.

The article says nothing about Kirby's investigation into this mess. However, in that, we are more than quick to say just how much Kirby imitates coach Saban's manner of business, it would be odd to think he doesn't know a lot more than the dude who put pen in hand. Reading a police report is nothing like doing a come to Jesus, face to face, interrogation with the player and who knows who else. Coach Saban tends to let things play out under certain circumstances like this unless the conclusion is more pressing. Kirby dismissing his most productive receiver coming back feels a lot like that.

The article says nothing about Kirby's investigation into this mess. However, in that, we are more than quick to say just how much Kirby imitates coach Saban's manner of business, it would be odd to think he doesn't know a lot more than the dude who put pen in hand. Reading a police report is nothing like doing a come to Jesus, face to face, interrogation with the player and who knows who else. Coach Saban tends to let things play out under certain circumstances like this unless the conclusion is more pressing. Kirby dismissing his most productive receiver coming back feels a lot like that.
On a related note. FSU "rebranded" how their Athletic Department is viewed under law to keep it out from under the scopes of FOIA requests. The story broke about three weeks ago.

I've heard it mentioned, though I've never tried to verify whether it's true or not, that UGA's Athletic Department has similar protections. If that's the case what you're suggesting may never see the light of days.

Agree, disagree, or something to chew on.

Female, intoxicated, 6' 140 lbs screaming (with the emphasis on the finger in the face approach, ya know,) AND lays her hands on a male.

Male says, "I'm going to stop treating you like a women if you continue."

Tough spot, I'd say. Situations like his one are why statements like ...

No Terry .....i would restrain...and I could and pretty damn sure still can..... lot of difference between restraining and "hitting, punching, choking , etc".
Plus..lol....a lot safer to be into a 'rassling match then duking it out...
Now
Police or military situation..... thats one caveat... life or death...another....
But.... no, a man never ever hits a woman...
in your situation....if you can tell her "I’m going to stop treating you like a woman if you continue ". You got time to walk away...or run...
yeah, there may be an instance.....extreme....which would be the exception rather than the rule though...

in your situation....if you can tell her "I’m going to stop treating you like a woman if you continue ". You got time to walk away...or run...
yeah, there may be an instance.....extreme....which would be the exception rather than the rule though...
That wasn't a hypothetical. And, it wasn't a singular occurrence either although, different people different location, etc. And, as a person with this happening in my place of business, the male has as much right to be there as female. You mention life or death and I'll add personal injury as the third. And that possibility certainly exists.

so the problem i have with this, is...

if she hit him first, then what he did is self defense....plain and simple. the deciding factor, to me, would be his brother. if his (the brother) account is the same as hers, then what he did was wrong. but if Jeremiah was hit first, all he did was defend himself.

also, she waited more than a year to file a police report?!

Going over his brother to hit her is not self defense. I don't get the year-plus timing but it leads me to believe something else has been happening.

I'm not a fan of giving the Athletic Departments this amount of freedom, but I'm cynical.

I've heard it mentioned, though I've never tried to verify whether it's true or not, that UGA's Athletic Department has similar protections. If that's the case what you're suggesting may never see the light of days.​

I believe it's related to this one from a few years ago. I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom