| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— Huxtable joins the Atlanta Falcons organization.

If he was told what the deal was before he took the job, why would he pissed? I'm sure Saban would've told him this if it turns out be the case.
He has an pride and ego… I don’t think he would want it to get out that he was a place holder… It’s not a good look at all for all parties involved…IMO it looks like all parties were desperate for a quick fix..And it will be played as that in the media..

Very odd that stuff is leaking out…Saban needs to be more concerned about his moles…Steele should be pissed if true…
Been in it for damn near 40 years. I have it from a cousin of his that I used to coach HS with, that Steele actually called Saban. Sounds like Steele knew that this was going to be a short term thing. Also, his family is all here in state. Tuscaloosa gets him closer to them all instead of down in Miami with that shitstorm. @TerryP said it before about Steele and recruiting, he didn’t care for it much and Memphis was about as far as he was willing to go. Steele may have mentioned “small recruiting area” in exchange for Saban’s “short term” hire. These guys have known one another for years and travel in the same circles. Coaches are a tight knit group. Kind of a scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours!!

Been in it for damn near 40 years. I have it from a cousin of his that I used to coach HS with, that Steele actually called Saban. Sounds like Steele knew that this was going to be a short term thing. Also, his family is all here in state. Tuscaloosa gets him closer to them all instead of down in Miami with that shitstorm. @TerryP said it before about Steele and recruiting, he didn’t care for it much and Memphis was about as far as he was willing to go. Steele may have mentioned “small recruiting area” in exchange for Saban’s “short term” hire. These guys have known one another for years and travel in the same circles. Coaches are a tight knit group. Kind of a scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours!!
I guess I’m just a close to vest type guy..

Yeah this isn't a big deal. Pruitt and Steele teaches same concepts and I'm willing to bet they will work together once he's cleared.

Don't know how I forgot about this, but Steele's defense was able to hold Lsu's offense to 23 points in 2019(I believe their lowest of that year). They did really well against Georgia that year to, and we're able to force some critical turnovers in the win against Alabama that year. If we can get that Steele for a year before we're able to potentially get Pruitt back, I'll be more than happy.

Last edited:
He has an pride and ego… I don’t think he would want it to get out that he was a place holder… It’s not a good look at all for all parties involved…IMO it looks like all parties were desperate for a quick fix..And it will be played as that in the media..
So he's a Deer hunter?:p

Very odd that stuff is leaking out…Saban needs to be more concerned about his moles…Steele should be pissed if true…

Steele knows the situation. Would also add, a lot of similarities with Pruitt and Steele in how they coach, teach, hold people accountable, etc. They share some old school DNA... one reason Saban likes them so much.

Steele isn’t better than Golding

Both have their positives and negatives, all of them do. But Steele is a better, more complete, and more experienced football coach than Golding right now. Golding is young and may have a higher ceiling as he gets more experience himself... but in terms of coaching on the field, game planning, adjustments, Steele has the edge on all 3. That isn't a jab at Golding, I've stated before I don't believe he's nearly as bad as most of our fans think he is... but that's the way I see it on Steele (who certainly has his own issues in other areas).

Steele knows the situation. Would also add, a lot of similarities with Pruitt and Steele in how they coach, teach, hold people accountable, etc. They share some old school DNA... one reason Saban likes them so much.

Both have their positives and negatives, all of them do. But Steele is a better, more complete, and more experienced football coach than Golding right now. Golding is young and may have a higher ceiling as he gets more experience himself... but in terms of coaching on the field, game planning, adjustments, Steele has the edge on all 3. That isn't a jab at Golding, I've stated before I don't believe he's nearly as bad as most of our fans think he is... but that's the way I see it on Steele (who certainly has his own issues in other areas).
What are Steele’s issues?

Back
Top Bottom