| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC TV Game Shows (of all genre's.)

TerryP

Staff
@50+yeartidefan and @bama alum continuing out brief conversation on Whose Line is it Anyway.

I'm with alum here. The BBC version is a lot better than the one we saw with Drew and his cohorts. I mentioned Clive Anderson (host) as one of the differences. Drew's crew, as I'll call Colin and Ryan, did both.

The censoring is stricter for the US version, and the way Drew put it in a game show set along with his "points don't matter" bit, just eroded my appreciation. It's no wonder the show had low ratings.

I had some laugh out loud moments ... which leads me to this question.

Have you watched 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown? Their puzzles are as good as any game show has had. Their humor no one touches.

No, I haven't heard of that. Where can I find it?

You're absolutely right about Drew Caray's constant shtick about the points not mattering. As much as I love the BBC's version, Clive never had a scene that topped this one.

No, I haven't heard of that. Where can I find it?
Amazon has a few seasons and I think you can find more with their Freevee options. Flixxer carries 80 something episodes (a few ads.) Britbox carries it ...

Coincidentally, with Whose Line ... the version I'm talking about (hosted by Jimmy Carr) is another version of a game show that's been running in England for years: Price is Right territory. The two games and final they play aren't new. I find both challenging.

I think you'd enjoy the word section; it's Scrabble's first turn with a :30 second clock.

@50+yeartidefan and @bama alum continuing out brief conversation on Whose Line is it Anyway.

I'm with alum here. The BBC version is a lot better than the one we saw with Drew and his cohorts. I mentioned Clive Anderson (host) as one of the differences. Drew's crew, as I'll call Colin and Ryan, did both.

The censoring is stricter for the US version, and the way Drew put it in a game show set along with his "points don't matter" bit, just eroded my appreciation. It's no wonder the show had low ratings.

I had some laugh out loud moments ... which leads me to this question.

Have you watched 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown? Their puzzles are as good as any game show has had. Their humor no one touches.

Its pretty good these days...little more risqué than older shows....

Aisha tyler is pretty good as host. Drew was pretty awesome

The performers sure have endured the test of time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom