| FTBL Trindon Holliday, Meet Mark Barron

G

I have really been impressed with Barron's special team's play. The man is a hitter.

Here's hoping we see a Kevin Williams meets George Teague type of shutdown of the return game.

I am talking about a bewildered and shocked feeling of inadequacy as Holliday fails to take 3 steps before getting popped on return after return, always the same guy hitting him.

Hoping, hoping, hoping.

i hope that happens. we drastically need more consistency in our kickoff coverage and returns squads. Barron is a headhunter as well as Upshaw. those guys have an opportunity to change the game on saturday for sure.

jdpas29 said:
i hope that happens. we drastically need more consistency in our kickoff coverage and returns squads. Barron is a headhunter as well as Upshaw. those guys have an opportunity to change the game on saturday for sure.

Yeah, it is just a hope. Holliday would be 20 yards down the field before Barron took a second step if they were racing, but Barron seems to get good angles.

All I hear from the corn dogs is about how fast this one player is. Personally I like what speed does from a physics stand point. The faster you hit the Crimson Wall speeding toward you, the greater the force in the collision. Mind you drop the ball there Holliday, or your mouth piece, socks, jock strap, or self esteem.

LBS said:
All I hear from the corn dogs is about how fast this one player is. Personally I like what speed does from a physics stand point. The faster you hit the Crimson Wall speeding toward you, the greater the force in the collision. Mind you drop the ball there Holliday, or your mouth piece, socks, jock strap, or self esteem.

Who does that remind you of?

TerryP said:
LBS said:

A: Mr. Classy on Join a Team, not a Gang night
"You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house." -- Lamar "Turf Muncher" Thomas and the 1992 #2 ranked Miami Hurricane

TerryP said:
LBS said:

Makes me think about Clemson, to be honest. They were convinced that Spiller would have 4,000 yards receiving by halftime. I never did see the S on his chest.

Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
LBS said:

Makes me think about Clemson, to be honest. They were convinced that Spiller would have 4,000 yards receiving by halftime. I never did see the S on his chest.

Holliday runs a 10.01 100 meters. He was in the olympic qualifying rounds. He is incredibly fast.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psWYfO7rp9A[/youtube]

Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
LBS said:

Makes me think about Clemson, to be honest.
They were convinced that Spiller would have 4,000 yards receiving by halftime. I never did see the S on his chest.

Author
tigerinnebraska1
Signee

donald in nebraska

Post Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:32 pm
Post subject: no 3 and 4 fastest players in ncaa football retuning kicks

For Clemson. I am thinking bama wimps out and kicks short. What do you think?

http://heismanpundit.com/archives/1618

A thread posted by a Clemson fan before our game against them.

CtrlAltieDel said:
I have really been impressed with Barron's special team's play. The man is a hitter.

Here's hoping we see a Kevin Williams meets George Teague type of shutdown of the return game.

I am talking about a bewildered and shocked feeling of inadequacy as Holliday fails to take 3 steps before getting popped on return after return, always the same guy hitting him.

Hoping, hoping, hoping.

hehe this made me think of that Metallica cover, "Die,Die,my darling" :lol:

Question on kickoff/punt returns for Alabama. I haven't watched enough games to know the number of return penalties committed by the Tide. It's more of a curiousity deal than anything else. I'm sure I'll be able to look at the stats in the paper tomorrow, but I remember how penalized we seemed to be in that category when Saban was here. It seemed that we were well disciplined everywhere except for kick returns. Just thought i'd ask before I had to read the stats.............you know I don't like to read kind of like Miles. They don't teach us that down here.

CtrlAltieDel said:
jdpas29 said:

Yeah, it is just a hope. Holliday would be 20 yards down the field before Barron took a second step if they were racing, but Barron seems to get good angles.
Not entirely true. I ran track against Barron, and the guy can move. Not quite as fast as the SEC 100m champion, but fast enough to hang with him.

Rams and Jams said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
jdpas29 said:

Not entirely true. I ran track against Barron, and the guy can move. Not quite as fast as the SEC 100m champion, but fast enough to hang with him.

And by against, of course you mean behind. J/K

Back
Top Bottom