Trayvon Martin case

Is George Zimmerman guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
I missed the second part of XXL's statement, "if you're well being is in danger" is correct It doesn't have to be in your house, though.

I think he cold blooded killed the kid.
Based off what? Based off the trial so far looks like it was self defense. If Zimmerman believed hi s life was in danger then what he did was not illegal. Testimony and evidence point to Zimmerman telling the truth. The media & State are just trying to stir up emotion and make this about race.

Whose life is more important, yours or someone on top of you punching you in the face. Remember that whole part is pre-gun. Doubt Martin knew he even had a gun.

My point, its not what he did after he got his ass kicked...its what he did to provoke the ass kicking (he was flat out told not to follow him, yet he kept pursuing), which ultimately ended with a fight, a shooting, and the death of a young man. I'm have no idea what happened, but the 911 call does lead one (or me) to believe that the series of events unfolded because Zimmerman pursued Trayvon.

He has to live with what he did for the rest of his life, maybe he sleeps at night, maybe he doesn't. I don't really care to be honest, just telling you my perspective.

If you watch the case, it's pretty clear that he did not continue to actually follow. He was "walking" when he and Martin somehow met up again... the details aren't clear and judging one way or the other is unfair.

Not the difference here, I'm sharing my opinion, telling you that its my opinion based on my life experiences and what I've heard about the case. I'm not telling you that your opinion is invalid, as its your opinion :)

Its my opinion, that if he didn't have the gun (aka, courage) strapped to his side, this whole thing wouldn't have "escalated" like it did. I'd just like to go back to the day that an ass whooping doesn't result in escalation to death.

That being said, I hope I don't have any Zimmerman's walking around my neighborhood playing block cop looking for people in "hoodies".

(this is me playing nice, we keep going down this path of you telling me my opinion is invalid and I'll quickly escalate this)

Not the difference here, I'm sharing my opinion, telling you that its my opinion based on my life experiences and what I've heard about the case. I'm not telling you that your opinion is invalid, as its your opinion :)

Its my opinion, that if he didn't have the gun (aka, courage) strapped to his side, this whole thing wouldn't have "escalated" like it did. I'd just like to go back to the day that an ass whooping doesn't result in escalation to death.

That being said, I hope I don't have any Zimmerman's walking around my neighborhood playing block cop looking for people in "hoodies".

(this is me playing nice, we keep going down this path of you telling me my opinion is invalid and I'll quickly escalate this)

Not that you're known for being argumentative or anything :p

So what if Zimmerman was " following " Martin ? People walk and drive behind people all the time going places and they call police about suspicious activity. Martin was a racist thug looking for confrontation and he obviously did not feel threatened by Zimmerman.....because he could have ran or kept walking, but he chose to attack. Problem with his reasoning was that Martin underestimated the situation and what the consequences could have been. All this being said....Zimmerman isn't the sharpest rock in the box either.

Politics and the justice system don't mix...throw in a media intent on sensationalizing this for ratings and you have a recipe for lose-lose mess....glad I wasn't on that jury...or the father of either one the boys

Being in law enforcement, I followed the entire case closely. I said last year when it happened, I didnt think there was a strong case against Zimmerman. Then, when the DA's office didnt bring charges after a few weeks, I knew the state didnt have the evidence. That's when politics got involved, President made comments, DOJ got involved and basically forced a trial. Special prosecutors, skipping grand jury.

I'd like to say the defense lawyers did a fantastic job, but did they really? No facts pointed to murder or manslaughter. Star witness gets on the stand and calls Zimmerman a "cracker", quoting Martin, and people are shocked by the outcome?

If the prosecutor had given this to a grand jury there would never have been a trial. I saw Allen Durshowitz commenting that the prosecotor has a terrible reputation in Florida and should be brought up before the defense for withholding evidence when she went before the judge that would have made him less likely to grant the indictment.

Based off what? Based off the trial so far looks like it was self defense. If Zimmerman believed hi s life was in danger then what he did was not illegal. Testimony and evidence point to Zimmerman telling the truth. The media & State are just trying to stir up emotion and make this about race.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no mention of race in my posts. I base it off my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

At this point, with GZ being found not guilty, my opinion still hasn't changed. His actions caused the end result.

Neighbohood watch, not neighborhood apprehend. From what is known, Zimmerman had no business confronting Martin as he wasn't really doing anything. At least as far as I know.

In the late 70's and early 80's we had a neighborhood watch program in the rural community I live in. When we were organizing the sheriff spoke to us, giving details of what our job was. I remember him specifically saying "you are another pair of eyes for our department and eyes only. Your job is to observe and report. Our job is to respond and apprehend." He advised us not to carry a firearm, because of what he knew would probably happen. In a follow up meeting when our teams were chosen and split up, the "guy in charge" said he wanted to make sure we understood exactly what our job was as neighborhood watch participants. He directly contradicted the sheriff's instructions and said each team needed a firearm. He urged those without a permit to carry a weapon to get one. I brushed it off and my team never carried a firearm.
At another meeting he went a little further asking "how many of you have a firearm?" My buddy and I were the only ones who didn't have a weapon with us. He asked me why and when i replied "the sheriff told us not to carry a weapon" he laughed and said, "he didn't really mean that, each team needs a weapon and should be ready to use it. We are the neighborhood watch and it's up to us to keep our community safe and secure."
I dropped out after that week.
I wonder if GZ wasn't a little bit like this guy, a little to gung ho for his own good. I don't know what really happened and only two people do. But one of them is dead. It's sad to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no mention of race in my posts. I base it off my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

At this point, with GZ being found not guilty, my opinion still hasn't changed. His actions caused the end result.

You can't really believe that following someone is an action that results in death. Ever been at a walking track? How about the mall? Or even Bryant Drive walking to the stadium? it is not illegal to follow someone, anyone, for any reason. Unless there is a court order advising you not to. He didnt have to follow him, but it wasnt illegal. The only crime that took place was Martin assaulting someone because he was being followed. On that night, he assaulted the wrong person, and was killed because of it.

The true injustice in this case was Eric Holder and the DOJ getting involved in a state matter and using politics to get a special prosecutor to bring murder charges. Just below that injustice was the special prosecutor for holding information from discovery. Both of those incidents were much more of a travesty than some kid getting killed by the person he was assaulting.

Last edited:

And your opinion is still wrong. From what we know GZ did not break the law. Your opinion is based on your emotion not facts. The prosecutors could not present any proof that GZ broker the law much less murdered TM in cold blood. Self defense is self defense. If GZ truly believed his life was in danger, then he did not break the law. I also never claimed you brought up race, I said the media did. TM actions also caused the end result. He never had to attack GZ. That was assault. He broke the law when he did so. But I guess that's ok in your book. Someone follows you and its ok to assault them.

Back
Top Bottom