| FTBL Top 10 college stadiums to go to a game

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Staff
On the other thread speaking about a possible home and home series with Notre Damn. It got me to thinking. There are several college stadiums that I want to see a game at. I'm going to try and put these in order of which I would like to see them, but I'm sure that the more I think about it that I would want to shift some around.

1. Michigan
2. Tennessee
3. Notre Dame
4. Penn State
5. Nebraska
6. Any body at the Rose Bowl
7. LSU
8. Ohio State
9. Texas A&M
10 Va Tech

1. Penn State
2. Texas A&M
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Nebraska
6. Rose Bowl (someone)
7. Notre Dame
8. VT

would be my order of those, leaving the SEC teams out for a minute

rammerjammer said:
On the other thread speaking about a possible home and home series with Notre Damn. It got me to thinking. There are several college stadiums that I want to see a game at. I'm going to try and put these in order of which I would like to see them, but I'm sure that the more I think about it that I would want to shift some around.

1. Michigan
2. Tennessee
3. Notre Dame
4. Penn State
5. Nebraska
6. Any body at the Rose Bowl
7. LSU
8. Ohio State
9. Texas A&M
10 Va Tech

Let me be the first to say Tennessees stadium sucks.imo..
Visited the Rose Bowl...man that thing is HUGE...

I have been to every SEC venue except Fayetteville. As for the best to visit, it would have to be South Carolina, There fans are by far the nicest, Got invited into a box car for drinks and eats, did not matter that we were the enemy that day. The worst experience I have had is TN. and not for the obvious reasons. Coming by boat and pulling for THE TIDE is a near death experience. as for other stadiums

1. Mich
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. ND
5. Colorado
6. VA Tech
7. Texas A&M
8. Army vs Navy Game
9. BYU (just to see if they party before)
10. Harvard Vs Yale (or some Ivy League Game, since thats were it began)

Actually UT's stadium, while large, is a real turd of a place to watch a football game. The seats are WAAAAAY to close together and to stacked on top of one another. The facility is old and feels that way.

Also, even were I a UT fan, looking at all that orange is a little sickening. Yes the stadium is large but it is not a great place to watch a game.

rolltide65 said:
I have been to every SEC venue except Fayetteville. As for the best to visit, it would have to be South Carolina, There fans are by far the nicest, Got invited into a box car for drinks and eats, did not matter that we were the enemy that day. The worst experience I have had is TN. and not for the obvious reasons. Coming by boat and pulling for THE TIDE is a near death experience. as for other stadiums

1. Mich
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. ND
5. Colorado
6. VA Tech
7. Texas A&M
8. Army vs Navy Game
9. BYU (just to see if they party before)
10. Harvard Vs Yale (or some Ivy League Game, since thats were it began)

Williams Bryce is a nice stadium in Columbia, but I can't call it "up there" when it comes to SEC venues. Simply because, it's not a campus type of venue. The last time we played in Cola we took an RV up Friday. It was weird getting up and going outside Sat. and Sun. morning and seen the pig pens, etc. for the state fair.

Death Valley (Clemson) is a unique place to visit. I wouldn't mind visiting Blacksburg at some point as well. Add Ga. Tech to his mix simply for historical value...looking forward to our trip there in a few years.

Non SEC Stadiums I would like to visit:

1) Clemson
2) Oklahoma
3) Michigan
4) Texas
5) Va. Tech
6) West Virginia (mountain folk are nuts)
7) Penn State
8) Notre Dame
9) Rose Bowl
10) Colorado

I agree that Tennessee's stadium is over crowded, and Knoxville is just a nasty place in general, especially near and around campus, IMO. I haven't been to many SEC stadiums, but I would love to go to an LSU game, Georgia game and a Florida game.

Ive been to every SEC venue with the excpetion of UK and ARK.

Tenn is a great place for a game IMO. The seats are WAYYY too close and its an old stadium but the setting is GREAT. Right by the river all that UGLY URANGE. It is a urban campus that isnt very pretty but for football its great.

Barn stadium is actually pretty nice its just the whole parking in a cow pasture,ect.

SC just doesnt have that big game atmosphere. The stadium off campus doesnt help either.

LSU has best atmoshpere but the stadium itself is OLDDDDD.

UF is the loudest/hottest stadium IMO.

Ole miss has COEDS.

UGA has an great atmosphere, bars, and women. IT ranks #2 behind UT in my book

Vandy has Nashville

MSU has nothing

Has anyone ever been to Penn State? That place looks like a lot of fun.

I would like to go to a Michigan game but it just looks sort of dead around that place...odds are I am wrong. I guess I would like to go on a Big 10 tour and see those places.

I have been to Notre Dame, though. And while I am not the biggest fan it is cool to go to the museum and the pre-game and game is a joy for college football fans.

Bama1966 said:
1. Hawaii

Don't make a special trip. Aloha Stadium looks fantastic on TV but is kind of a dive. It is very old and something about the brown frame works just doesn't feel right. On a positive note, it is right across from Pearl Harbor and also in Hawaii :)

1. Penn State
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. Nebraska
6. FSU
7. L.A. Coliseum
8. Georgia
9. Army
10. Air Force

Some of the stadiums that I've been to that I loved were the Rose Bowl and BYU (nice setting). LSU and Tennessee both have good stadiums IMO... LSU's in nicer overall, UT's is a bit of an eyesore, but it is a fun place to watch a game. The Barn's stadium is good too once you get inside (like Lenny alluded to).

Back
Top Bottom