| MBB/WBB "To avoid injury, I'm sitting out of the bowl game." A load of ... but that's a different story. "SEC Player Skipping NIT To Prepare For NBA Draft"

He has a greater risk of falling in the shower and suffering a career ending injury than what he would playing in a couple of more games.

I would disagree he was really beat'n up in the SECT. I not talking about career needing injury if he was injured say knee or ankle and was not about to work out for scouts it could effect his draft status. The NBA draft is only 2 rounds.

I would disagree he was really beat'n up in the SECT. I not talking about career needing injury if he was injured say knee or ankle and was not about to work out for scouts it could effect his draft status. The NBA draft is only 2 rounds.

We all know it will be Zion Williamson and 63 other guys that get drafted. Gaffords could very well go undrafted.

And this is the difference between being a Chief and being an Indian. You're not a professional, you're in amateur status. This is where folks get it wrong. It's within the rules and two different sets of rules for two different jobs. A coach can also be fired at the drop of the hat and be out of a job and a paycheck. They can't cut a scholarship player unless he breaks a rule or law.
And it’s well within the player’s right to sit out to prepare for the draft

Gafford carried the hogs so why do you think he would come out as a sophomore if his draft status was in question?

College athletes make stupid decisions every year to come out too early and you never hear from 95% of them ever again. That's why this whole one and done has hurt the sport and many kids whom had aspirations of making it big. Only a handful of guys are truly ready.

College athletes make stupid decisions every year to come out too early and you never hear from 95% of them ever again. That's why this whole one and done has hurt the sport and many kids whom had aspirations of making it big. Only a handful of guys are truly ready.

Last time I checked Gafford has played two years.

Gafford carried the hogs so why do you think he would come out as a sophomore if his draft status was in question?

Just because a guy carries his team doesn't make him that attractive. Bama has had some guys in the past that carried the team and they were never heard from again.

And it’s well within the player’s right to sit out to prepare for the draft
Read what you're saying here and tell me how this isn't ef'd up beyond recognition. "It's well within a player's right to decide they are going to break their commitment."

{Phrasing.}

Stomp, if you want to say "it's well within their ability to break their commitment" I'm with you 100%. However, there isn't a such thing as "it's well within a persons right to break their word; break their commitment." There is nothing in this world that makes that right. Ability vs rights. Separating the two isn't a matter of semantics.

In what world is it ever okay to break your word or your commitment?

When these athletes make this decision like many are doing now it's my understanding they just leave school correct?
It's my understanding that's what Nick Bosa did.

Fornette, as one example, was still on the "teams dime" to the extent he was included on their travel roster for the ball game.
One thing to add, as I recall he did make it a point to thank the coaching staff for not letting him play or something to the effect... the way he worded it was a weird.

Back
Top Bottom