| NEWS Titans decline 5th year options on Rashaan Evans

he Titans will not exercise the fifth-year option on linebacker Rashaan Evans‘ rookie contract.

Evans, the 22nd overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft, would have had a guaranteed base salary of $9.735 million for the 2022 season if the Titans had exercised the option. Instead, his contract will expire after the 2021 season.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus told PFT that the Titans have told him they still hope to sign Evans to a contract extension before he hits free agency next March.

Evans has started all 16 games for the Titans each of the last two seasons.

Would love for him to be picked up by the Falcons , however im not sure they have the smarts to pull it off. I know they got AJ but probably to late to amount to much if anything . They passed of Ingram and got Gurley. There are a few more like that but have slipped my mind .

They are taking a chance that they can get him to sign for less than that option would have been. Standard Titans at this point. From what I understand, nobody has ever played 5 years on their first contract with them under this GM. Most have had their fifth year declined and signed elsewhere.

They are taking a chance that they can get him to sign for less than that option would have been. Standard Titans at this point. From what I understand, nobody has ever played 5 years on their first contract with them under this GM. Most have had their fifth year declined and signed elsewhere.
They still want him, but they‘re thinking they can get him cheaper in relation to the salary cap. First contracts are pretty much set in stone by the NFL and the player’s union. It’s a gamble on Tennessee’s part that it will work in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom