| FOOD Tim, as you are on our Alaskan cruise I'm depressed today. I ate at this place eight times last week.

Molly's has a Red Snapper that is damn good, that restaurant holds its own for a non-BBQ place. Underrated for sure.
If it's anything like it used to be...try the black bean soup. I met Molly before she passed...DAMN good cook! It was ...

"what do you want to eat?"

"I don't care...whatever you are cooking."

12oz Margarita Monday's for $1. That's where I met John Daly. Memories flooding my head right now ...

I have tried almost everything on their Menu at some point. It is not as good as it was, but still decent. I moved away from the Memphis area about 7 years ago and have eaten there a few times in that time frame though. She had ties with the Pancho's owner also. Another real good Hispanic restaurant that was in in Memphis as you know. The story behind the new owners of Molly's is a neat one. The Carnell's own it and were regulars there for years.

Molly, she shared recipes with the then owner and founder, Berger was his last name.
Chapmon and the Busby's had those two when I ran into them. '87, around there. They had two at the time...the one on Madison and the one on Park up close to Clark Tower. I don't know of a Berger. I know they bought the place...I know I forget things. I'm trying to remember how they got the place...just can't this afternoon.

Let me tell ya something, Kirk You'll appreciate this. The "vibe" I found in the late '80's around Madison Avenue is the same thing I'm seeing around Park Circle here in town. Unique food. Unique environments. BEAUTIFUL women..but that's other subject. You know food...and saying "dayum" is unique.

I had gumbo today ...

The funniest thing about that video is where he's talking about the Gator..."we don't use the tail meat, we use the tenderloin." (sic)

Yep, there's a difference. But guys...a restaurant worth making a trip to. I've sat on those stools a time, or two, and that menu is no joke. My stomach just churned thinking about it ...

Back
Top Bottom