| CURRENT EVENTS Tik Tok Hearings

I watched most of the 5 1/2 hours of the hearing yesterday. Let me say that all the politicians left and right that spoke at that hearing are some of the absolute dumbest people I’ve ever heard.

That was an absolute joke of a hearing. Bunch of long winded, heads in ass morons that don’t anything about tech, private companies, etc. Oh and they don’t listen at all or they do and ignore it.

Oh and the President is a hypocritical jackass. He’s been yelling and screaming to the press about wanting Tik Tok banned and that Tik Tok has to be sold blah blah blah, but he made a Tik Tok video….

I watched most of the 5 1/2 hours of the hearing yesterday.
I hope you were doing something else at the time. I couldn't sit and watch, devotedly, to anything that long. (Hell, takes me a few hours to watch an hour long show.)

It's been entertaining...the bits and pieces I've watched.

Brown made a fool of himself trying to inject racism.

I hope you were doing something else at the time. I couldn't sit and watch, devotedly, to anything that long. (Hell, takes me a few hours to watch an hour long show.)

It's been entertaining...the bits and pieces I've watched.

Brown made a fool of himself trying to inject racism.
I was researching for my doctoral thesis. I couldn’t listen to those blowhards straight through like that.

Brown and his racism remark wasn’t even the dumbest.

Not one of those morons, left or right should be able to question anybody. They all one thing in common- they all own stock in Alphabet and Tik Tok’s biggest rival/hater Meta

AOC mentions a ban on the app would be unprecedented ... US government banning a social media app. It's a salient point but it also makes me pause when I get to the word "unprecedented." Precedent, in something this new, just doesn't sit right. It is unprecedented in the arena of our data being tracked but this is also relatively new era in the technological age.

Even though we're seeing these legislature members talking China and national security I am beginning to stand on the side of the attention to Tic Tok as being misplaced: too much of a singular focus. We know apps like those from Meta are intrusive as well. Facebook already has access to who your friends are on their site. I don't see any need for them to also have access to every contact in your phone.

As I watch all of this unfold I'm thinking the focus needs to be broader; on the technology companies as a whole, with privacy rights being the focus. (That kills me to say because, in essence, it's asking for greater government oversight for the time being.)

Back
Top Bottom