| FTBL Thus saith Greg McElroy

I hate to ask it, but are the guys that are on the team now, pussies?
Know a high school coach, says he going to write a book about the “pussification of America”. It’s in all walks of life, entitlement mentality, path of least resistance, etc. Same thing happened in late 60’s under Coach Bryant, social shift and change in societal attitude. Coach Bryant adjusted and I expect Coach Saban will as well.
More specifically though, seems our players are more concerned about “what Alabama can do for me” vs “what can I do for Alabama”.

Where oh where to begin….
Yes, today’s players are not the same that they were a decade ago, just like the players a decade ago or not the same from the decade before that and so on.

Yes the NIL has changed the landscape, and like all change you either change with it or you die watching it pass you by.

Yes, there is something definitely off with this team this year, mental preparedness, focus, which shows up on the field in penalties, dropped balls, poor coverage and so on.

All of that being said, we had our chances to win at Tennessee and we lost on the last second field goal, we had our chances to win at LSU and we lost on the last play of the game which is a two point conversion. I don’t feel like the sky is falling because if that were the case, we would be getting blown out, and one unexpected, not living up to expectations season does not end a program.

Truth be told, we will not know if the end is upon us until next season or possibly the next season, I know it is difficult for all of us to watch our team drop a few games, and to not have a valid chance to compete for a championship but to be overly cliché you can’t win them all every single year, it could boil down to a chemistry thing, let’s see what chemistry gets stirred up next year
True. Could have won those games and 2 loses last year ....

But the 2 this year ...if you watched...
Bama played awful... period

14-15 games you just arent gonna get all the breaks...
Got some. Didnt get others...

Got to play better....and not depend on getting every break...at end...to win

Know a high school coach, says he going to write a book about the “pussification of America”. It’s in all walks of life, entitlement mentality, path of least resistance, etc. Same thing happened in late 60’s under Coach Bryant, social shift and change in societal attitude. Coach Bryant adjusted and I expect Coach Saban will as well.
More specifically though, seems our players are more concerned about “what Alabama can do for me” vs “what can I do for Alabama”.
I remember my dad....saying...almost same thing about my generation.....( and yours)......lol

Where oh where to begin….
Yes, today’s players are not the same that they were a decade ago, just like the players a decade ago or not the same from the decade before that and so on.

Yes the NIL has changed the landscape, and like all change you either change with it or you die watching it pass you by.

Yes, there is something definitely off with this team this year, mental preparedness, focus, which shows up on the field in penalties, dropped balls, poor coverage and so on.

All of that being said, we had our chances to win at Tennessee and we lost on the last second field goal, we had our chances to win at LSU and we lost on the last play of the game which is a two point conversion. I don’t feel like the sky is falling because if that were the case, we would be getting blown out, and one unexpected, not living up to expectations season does not end a program.

Truth be told, we will not know if the end is upon us until next season or possibly the next season, I know it is difficult for all of us to watch our team drop a few games, and to not have a valid chance to compete for a championship but to be overly cliché you can’t win them all every single year, it could boil down to a chemistry thing, let’s see what chemistry gets stirred up next year

Well stated! We're a CrossRoad and actually have passed thru already yet our true destination is to be determined further down this road.

Ten Bears has always said the Nick Saban years will end ugly. I hope there is no Iron in his words but we shall see.

1668173986230.png

Well stated! We're a CrossRoad and actually have passed thru already yet our true destination is to be determined further down this road.

Ten Bears has always said the Nick Saban years will end ugly. I hope there is no Iron in his words but we shall see.

View attachment 22539
Aint buying 10 bears vision....respect it...but not buying...

Look at recruiting....still bring in the best players....some just dont work out...
But others do....
Played for a NC last year...without significant and massive injuries...the results would have been different...we know that...uga knows that.....
And in a lot of games,....didn’t perform well....

And i am still not writing this season off....lets see it end before its over...
Arkansas can beat lsu....as can A$M...

So....this all isn't the end of Nick....

But...we need an impressive performance...and vs OM....Its time

Plus...i have Ole Miss fans coming in to watch game Saturday ....

This was actually a main topic on PTI yesterday (must be a slow news day for them when they can't constantly slurp the NBA). Both Wilbon and Isola completely disagreed with McElroy, which was interesting considering how much the former really can't stand Coach Saban.

Aint buying 10 bears vision....respect it...but not buying...

Look at recruiting....still bring in the best players....some just dont work out...
But others do....
Played for a NC last year...without significant and massive injuries...the results would have been different...we know that...uga knows that.....
And in a lot of games,....didn’t perform well....

And i am still not writing this season off....lets see it end before its over...
Arkansas can beat lsu....as can A$M...

So....this all isn't the end of Nick....

But...we need an impressive performance...and vs OM....Its time

Plus...i have Ole Miss fans coming in to watch game Saturday ....
When he said ugly, he isn't speaking of a talent issue.

On top of Bill O'Brien's simplistic play calling, some of the shit he calls considering the offensive line's struggles makes zero sense. With the defense showing a very predictable zero blitz on 3rd and short, and BOB calls a slow developing pass play. No motion to throw them off; no quick outlet pass to help with the blitz; and Bill O'Brien doesn't believe in RB screens, so none of that either. Just slow developing 5-7 step drop back from the QB, and WR route trees to the short side of the field.

It's one of the dumbest offensive schemes I've ever seen. We've been winning on talent and talent alone.

It’s one thing to lose with effort, execution, heart, & etc. but to lose without is a whole different story. I guarantee you that Georgia might lose a game, highly unlikely, but it will not be because of “lack of” something.That’s what Alabama football was up until the beginning of the 2021 season. 2021 lost 2 games. 2022 already lost 2. Very possible to lose 1 or 2 more. What happens in 2023. Lose 3-4-5. What’s frustrating is all the issues with Alabama football are correctable. I believe in CNS. He didn’t just out of the blue not be the GOAT. However, he has always surrounded himself with enough good coaches to maintain the Bama culture. I happen to think he will do it again. RTR.

On top of Bill O'Brien's simplistic play calling, some of the shit he calls considering the offensive line's struggles makes zero sense. With the defense showing a very predictable zero blitz on 3rd and short, and BOB calls a slow developing pass play. No motion to throw them off; no quick outlet pass to help with the blitz; and Bill O'Brien doesn't believe in RB screens, so none of that either. Just slow developing 5-7 step drop back from the QB, and WR route trees to the short side of the field.

It's one of the dumbest offensive schemes I've ever seen. We've been winning on talent and talent alone.
And to further that, Bryce won the Heisman last year IN SPITE OF BoB's ineptitude as a play caller.

And to further that, Bryce won the Heisman last year IN SPITE OF BoB's ineptitude as a play caller.
And more than that...was awful line play...
Nick saw that and made change...

Which tells me.....he will evaluate and move things around...

Dont forget...we were in the NC game last year...couple injuries away from a NC...

So sky isnt falling....

Good thing he did that as it led to him giving up an absurd long TD pass that never should've been complete.

Oh, the good ole days of 2010!

Least favorite game I've ever attended, and I've been to some stinkers... While all the attention was on Take the Money and Run being played on the PA before the game, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when they played, I Gotta Feeling.

Least favorite game I've ever attended, and I've been to some stinkers... While all the attention was on Take the Money and Run being played on the PA before the game, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when they played, I Gotta Feeling.
Remember the sky at half time turning orange n blue. I thought " o shit"

This hung outside stadium

79F4149D-5FB7-4FC5-B297-08EAEE892FFC.png

Back
Top Bottom