| NEWS Three Alabama basketball players invited to 2021 NBA Draft Combine - 247Sports

B

Bama News

The NBA announced Tuesday that 69 players are expected to attend the 2021 NBA Draft Combine, and three players from Alabama are set to participate in the pro scouting event.

Seniors Herbert Jones and John Petty and freshman Josh Primo are on the list of expected attendees for the NBA Draft Combine. Primo was one of two Crimson Tide underclassmen that entered the draft while maintaining their college eligibility, joining sophomore Jaden Shackelford. However, Shackelford was not among the prospects invited to the Combine.

The deadline for underclassmen to withdraw from the NBA draft is July 19.

“I think we’re all waiting to see what the invites to the combine are gonna look like -- do they get an invite to the combine?” said Alabama head coach Nate Oats in an interview on The Game on Tide 100.9 FM. “If they get an invite to the combine, they’re definitely gonna stay in it longer. If they don’t, will they be back? So I think that’s the next step.

“And then after that, how do you perform at the combine? Then you’ll get some feedback -- did you perform at a Division I level or not? So I think we’re in a holding pattern, waiting to see invites to the combine and then after that, I think the next step would be how they perform at the combine.”

Back
Top Bottom