| FTBL Things That Need To Change To Get Back To Dominance

BamaFan334

I thought this was a good article. Does the research and math for us while using Pro Football Focus.

Two out of the three are defensive. Those two are definitely what we made a living on in the past, so it all makes sense. Cannot believe we were negative in turnover margin over the year.

We need those Alpha dogs on all 3 levels of defense and that would go a long way toward correcting TO margin and missed tackles. We need a Newport smoking Rueben Foster on the 2nd level along with a 30 year old looking freshman Ashawn Robinson up front. We need this guys that got pissed that they gave up a foot!!!
Coach Bryant on the 1961 team that yielded 25 points in 11 games, "they thought it was a sin to give up a point". Of course, that was back when sinning was a big deal, something looked down on.

I would agree this team seemed to miss that "fire" to not only win, but to crush the other team.

However, it will be hard to dominate year in and year out because EVERY team EVERY year focuses on their game vs Bama. You can 100% that the best analyst is review and prepping for the Bama game. It'll be the best and most focused week of practice for the opposing team when they play Bama.

It's just hard to be the top dog and have focus and energy for 12 games a year regardless of the talent on the team. Let's also remember the last few years we had an NFL starting QB throwing to 2 NFL 1st rounder/NFL starting WR along with a pretty damn good run game... something that isn't of the norm in college football. We really shouldn't be comparing any teams to the ones we had the last few years with that kind of talent...

We really shouldn't be comparing any teams to the ones we had the last few years with that kind of talent...
Why not? To me the past bama teams have set the standard and exactly who we should be measuring ourselves against. We all know the D has not been measuring up. Now I am not naive, to live up to that standard is getting more and more difficult because it has been so high on all areas of the team.

Why not? To me the past bama teams have set the standard and exactly who we should be measuring ourselves against. We all know the D has not been measuring up. Now I am not naive, to live up to that standard is getting more and more difficult because it has been so high on all areas of the team.
Well, that kind of talent isn't something that happens very often. If you want to compare and hold it up as the standard, then there are going to be years and years of disappointment... just saying.

The standard should and IS based on effort and playing to your ability. This current team did not do that and that is obvious.

Well, that kind of talent isn't something that happens very often. If you want to compare and hold it up as the standard, then there are going to be years and years of disappointment... just saying.

The standard should and IS based on effort and playing to your ability. This current team did not do that and that is obvious.
Fair enough. When we were talking about this a few months ago I said something similar that Bama has had such great players it is almost inevitiable that they will have had someone more talented at all positions. Does not mean they are not talented but how many Julio Jones will we have on the field?

This outfit "suffered" from 4 of the 5 deadlys this season on both sides of the ball,all in the same year:

1)Coaching and scheme issues.
2)Personnel issues and the utilization of the personnel. We have had an alarming amount of players "regress" in the last 4-5 years(especially defensively)
3)A severe drop off and noticeable lack of physicality.
4)The way the schedule lined up this season. It was a gauntlet for an outfit with a Bullseye on their back every week.
We did avoid the injury bug "deadly" for the most part,but a case could be made that BY"s shoulder problem was huge and it's ramifications. Issues like this cannot be overcome when they all appear together.

Well I saw BOB saying he not as of this time, talk with anybody about another coaching job. PG said he still under contract for another year. Planning on coming back.

Back
Top Bottom