| PRO The World Series: The nostalgia hits me seeing it's the Dodgers vs the Yankees. I'd have to look it up. I want to say it was '99...

...the last time we saw this matchup. It was a "staple" of baseball for me, growing up. It was "that series" I always made sure to watch. I suspect I'll do it again this year (without a real dog in the fight.)

On another note: 17 for 20 with RISP? What the hell! A BA of .850 in that position? That's just unreal.

...the last time we saw this matchup. It was a "staple" of baseball for me, growing up. It was "that series" I always made sure to watch. I suspect I'll do it again this year (without a real dog in the fight.)

On another note: 17 for 20 with RISP? What the hell! A BA of .850 in that position? That's just unreal.
Me to. Also Braves and Yankees....aka Milwaukee Braves
All day games. None of the made for tv shit...

Sneak our transistor radios in to school. Teacher always found and took!

Us boys would run all the way home from school....to myhouse...mom would have snacks..and have written down everything from game ( she loved bball..and watched world series). And read out. Half inning to half inning... what a mom!!!!!

most dont know...mickey mantle n joe Namath had a hiring agency together....

IMG_1019.jpeg

This is best case scenario for MLB!!!

Dodgers / Yankees!!!!

Ohtani / Judge!!!!

I’ll watch bits and pieces, hard to watch a baseball game on tv….

I’ve got a friend that has preferred seating at the games in NY, if, if, one of his brothers can’t make one of the games, I can slide in on it!!! 🤞🤞would be pretty cool(bucket list type of opportunity). I’ve been to games at yankee stadium, but never a pennant, World Series game!!!

I really doubt I’ll be able to get one of the tix, but I’ll keep hope alive until it’s over!!!
🤞😁🤞😁🤞😁🤞🤞🤞🤞!!!!

Hope the Yankees sweep their ass... but I'd be happy with however they could manage to get it.
The only teams in the MLB I would wish that against would be ATL. It was so easy to do growing up in N AL.

Did you happen to notice it's a National vs American League battle...all the way down to the GM's careers. I know Roberts didn't "coach" in the AL. Same with Boone. They both played in both leagues; only managed in one.

It's really a toss up for me...all the way down to the petty things. I love the pinstripes. I love the Dodger blue.

In the end...guess it comes down to one thing, "I'm a NL guy."

The only teams in the MLB I would wish that against would be ATL. It was so easy to do growing up in N AL.

Did you happen to notice it's a National vs American League battle...all the way down to the GM's careers. I know Roberts didn't "coach" in the AL. Same with Boone. They both played in both leagues; only managed in one.

It's really a toss up for me...all the way down to the petty things. I love the pinstripes. I love the Dodger blue.

In the end...guess it comes down to one thing, "I'm a NL guy."

I can't stand Dodgers fans and want them deprived of happiness. There's a couple of players on the Dodgers I like though, Kike Hernandez and Daniel Hudson. Best thing about the Dodgers was Vin Scully (and yeah, their uniforms are good). The Yankees are the Alabama of MLB though... and most of their fans must view Alabama as the Yankees of CFB, because when I wore a Bama hat to one of their games, I got Roll Tide's left and right.

I can't stand Dodgers fans and want them deprived of happiness. There's a couple of players on the Dodgers I like though, Kike Hernandez and Daniel Hudson. Best thing about the Dodgers was Vin Scully (and yeah, their uniforms are good). The Yankees are the Alabama of MLB though... and most of their fans must view Alabama as the Yankees of CFB, because when I wore a Bama hat to one of their games, I got Roll Tide's left and right.
Old school fans remember the relationship from fifty years ago now...

True. I was thinking about George and Coach...he slipped my mind.

Now you have me thinking about Scully. Geez. Over sixty years in the booth calling LA games. That's just a career. Doggett, his "Ed McMahon" guy in the booth...pretty good as well.

As much as I despise the Dodgers, I'd pull up their games late at night during the summer and just listen to Vin Scully work. Do the same with Uecker sometimes still, but they just don't play late at night and he only does home games now.

Back
Top Bottom