| PRO The World Series: Dodgers vs Yankees. The series is living up to what we wished for...

First baseball game I have watched in a while. That was a great one to watch. Wow what an ending. Helps I do not have a dog in the fight. Had to watch since it was the Dodgers and Yankees with all of the history there.
Your other choice would involve seeing USC allow Rutgers to put up 20+ on their home field.

IMO, Game 1 on the road, and really, it's big for both teams. As good as Cole is, he has been shaky at times in big moment type starts. If he's not on his game tonight, the Dodgers lineup will end his evening quickly and put the NYY in a hole. On the flipside, he comes out and gives a quality start (at the least), and gives his guys a chance, that bodes will for later in the series when he's back on the mound at home. For the Dodgers, Flaherty helped get them to this point, but he's had 2 bad outings out of 3 in the playoffs so far including getting shelled against the Mets his last time out. Both of these teams need their game 1 starter to step up.
Same opinion now? It's GM3

Suppose that makes Freeman a Dodger forever. IOW, goes into HOF as Dodger rather than a Brave.

Perhaps he will do as Maddux did.

"On January 8, 2014, Maddux was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. The pitcher later announced that he would not have a team logo on his plaque, citing his history with the Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs: "It's impossible for me to choose one of those teams ... as the fans of both clubs in each of those cities were so wonderful", Maddux said.[67]"

Last edited:
Suppose that makes Freeman a Dodger forever. IOW, goes into HOF as Dodger rather than a Brave.

Perhaps he will do as Maddux did.

"On January 8, 2014, Maddux was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. The pitcher later announced that he would not have a team logo on his plaque, citing his history with the Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs: "It's impossible for me to choose one of those teams ... as the fans of both clubs in each of those cities were so wonderful", Maddux said.[67]"
Wow. Great obs.

Me to. Also Braves and Yankees....aka Milwaukee Braves
All day games. None of the made for tv shit...

Sneak our transistor radios in to school. Teacher always found and took!

Us boys would run all the way home from school....to myhouse...mom would have snacks..and have written down everything from game ( she loved bball..and watched world series). And read out. Half inning to half inning... what a mom!!!!!

most dont know...mickey mantle n joe Namath had a hiring agency together....

View attachment 29247
My brother goes back to Boston with the Braves. Big Eddie Mathews fan. Me- Yankees and MICKEY MANTLE!

Your other choice would involve seeing USC allow Rutgers to put up 20+ on their home field.
Yeah saw some of that after the world series ended Was not very interesting.

On your question about Gibson, are you asking who has hit walk off homers in the workd series in total, in game 1, while trailing or for the Dodgers?

Took me down a rabbit hole, google showed this:

" There have been 62 walk-offs in the 120-year history of the World Series. The Dodgers have had five walk-offs in the World Series. There have only been three walk-off homers by teams that were trailing–Joe Carter for the Blue Jays in 1993, Gibson in 1988, and now Freeman in 2024".

Same opinion now? It's GM3

Well, I can't really change it now that the game has been played (and it was a tough call to start)... but both SP's pitched really, really well. I do still think that Game 1 was really important to the NYY though just because the LA lineup is so dangerous... the last thing they need is to go down 0-2... but yeah, whether it's 1-1 or 0-2, game 3 is huge now.

The number may have been 82 percent. I was biking on a bad stretch of road when I heard the comment...seems like it was that percentage of teams win the WS if they start off 2-0.

When I started this thread the title was "nostalgia" related. Back to back games with a HR (Freeman) ... it was 1981 since LA had a player do that? OR, was that a WS record? Again, I stat I missed due to noise around me biking.

Weird fact.

I checked on the score of this game more often than I did A&M v LSU last night.

The number may have been 82 percent. I was biking on a bad stretch of road when I heard the comment...seems like it was that percentage of teams win the WS if they start off 2-0.

When I started this thread the title was "nostalgia" related. Back to back games with a HR (Freeman) ... it was 1981 since LA had a player do that? OR, was that a WS record? Again, I stat I missed due to noise around me biking.

Weird fact.

I checked on the score of this game more often than I did A&M v LSU last night.
A&M / lsu was quite a game in second half. ...the A$M QB...could not be caught

Crowd announced at 108K....thats a lot of people

Back
Top Bottom