| FTBL The Vile guy chimes in on Sunday Morning.

ORANGEADDICT

Verified Member
All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS, it has been a long time coming. Although the season is not over and there is lot of football left to play, congrads.

I hope yall can continue to represent the SEC at #1 for the rest of the year.
Roll Tide
Go Vols!!!!! When phil gets fired!

ORANGEADDICT said:
All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS, it has been a long time coming. Although the season is not over and there is lot of football left to play, congrads.

Roll Tide

Thank you Sir!!

ORANGEADDICT said:

Roll Tide

I like you.

Thanks for the well wishes. I know that to be difficult considering last night...even though I am openly honest about my feelings about our rivalry, I was bitterly disappointed in UT's showing last night.

Or lack of...

TerryP said:
Thanks for the well wishes. I know that to be difficult considering last night...even though I am openly honest about my feelings about our rivalry, I was bitterly disappointed in UT's showing last night.

Or lack of...

Thanks for saying that, Terry. I felt the same way. Maybe it has something to do with Applewhite being on the staff or that I just like Colt McCoy as a player.

Has the BCS poll come out yet?

CrimsonPirate said:
TerryP said:

Or lack of...

Thanks for saying that, Terry. I felt the same way. Maybe it has something to do with Applewhite being on the staff or that I just like Colt McCoy as a player.

he meant the real UT.... :lol:
thanks guys, I just wanna get rid of phil...get a breath of fresh air in there

ORANGEADDICT said:
CrimsonPirate said:
TerryP said:

Or lack of...

he meant the real UT.... :lol:
thanks guys, I just wanna get rid of phil...get a breath of fresh air in there
I'm sure Phil will be gone now. UT will get a good coach. Hopefully they will go outside the family. I hope our rivalry gets back to how it was before the bitterness.

It is quite clear that head coaches must maintain a level of performance throughout their career. This may seem like common sense to the outside fan, but those who are really knowledgable can actually quantify it. I think that if a coach has the level of success in his first 4-6 years that Tuberville had, and that Fulmer had, there is a point at which no less is expected, or can be tolerated. In Tennessee's case, a 17 year career that has been disappointing in it's last 3-4 shows how much longer Fulmer has stayed there than perhaps he should have. For tuberville, it's fair to say that no more is expected now from him. By that, I mean that fans and alumni no longer believe he can achieve a higher level of performance. I dare say that getting rid of Tuberville will be a scary proposition, but shouldn't postpone the change as long as UT has.

We all know Tennessee will be back sooner or later, and that they've won much more than they've lost over the past 17 seasons. As for Auburn, well, maybe they will just go away.

ORANGEADDICT said:

Roll Tide

A nice portion of my family are Tenn fans and I am so looking forward to handing my uncle a rotten orange this Thanksgiving:). It will be nice to see it get back to being a more friendly rivalry.

ORANGEADDICT said:

Roll Tide

Appreciate the good sportsmanship.

ExiledTidefan said:
It is quite clear that head coaches must maintain a level of performance throughout their career. This may seem like common sense to the outside fan, but those who are really knowledgable can actually quantify it. I think that if a coach has the level of success in his first 4-6 years that Tuberville had, and that Fulmer had, there is a point at which no less is expected, or can be tolerated. In Tennessee's case, a 17 year career that has been disappointing in it's last 3-4 shows how much longer Fulmer has stayed there than perhaps he should have. For tuberville, it's fair to say that no more is expected now from him. By that, I mean that fans and alumni no longer believe he can achieve a higher level of performance. I dare say that getting rid of Tuberville will be a scary proposition, but shouldn't postpone the change as long as UT has.

We all know Tennessee will be back sooner or later, and that they've won much more than they've lost over the past 17 seasons. As for Auburn, well, maybe they will just go away.

Instead of 3-4 years it's more like 9 years now. Since the NC run in '98 Fulmer winning percentage against top 25 teams is .333.

In the last 5 years, it's a little lower than that.

Back
Top Bottom