| FTBL "The one loss you had you can't get over." Emmanuel Acho on Thursday's College Football Live - "If Colt hadn't got hurt."

TerryP

Staff
"I wake up with tears in my eyes" from Acho with Peter Burns questioning, "if Colt hadn't ..."

A hat tip to Greg Mac. "It's funny, I've looked at my ring a couple of times and I don't see an asterisk with 'if Colt hadn't got hurt.'"

54:00 - 55:00 minute mark.

I saw that yesterday. :laugh: Colt may have changed some of the complexity of the game.......but the outcome would have been the same. They drove down the field and had us on our heels to start with, but I always remember one of Saban's talking points about the start of a game. The first 17-20 plays of a game are scripted. This is when you see looks that have not been on previous film, all the new wrinkles teams throw at you are during this period. After that, teams settle into their tendencies and do what they do. Texas never got past that point because because Colt got hurt. Their first drive fell within that period and so did their second drive when he got hurt. Also our first drive stalled and we punted. Muschamp was the DC at the time and knew one of Saban's MO was to fake a punt if (I remember correctly) the gunners lined up a certain way. This resulted in an interception because Dre Kirkpatrick was not expecting/looking for the ball to be thrown to him by the punter. After we settled down and they settled down......the defense that had not given up 100 yard game to a single rusher all year long.............had two of them running over their ass that night.

G Mac said his biggest (most disappointing) game was the 2010 Auburn game.

Last edited:
I sat next to Emmanuel on a plane from Phoenix to Dallas just after they played Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl the year prior to us. He and his brother were both flying back home after the game.

I enjoyed my conversation with him, was fun listening to him talk about Terrell Pryor's speed/size. Seemed like a good kid to me.

I'm wondering if he blames the Colt injury on the downfall of the overall program?

Thise guys are funny on that show. The X Washington State QB needs to go away.
Rest are ok.

That's Ryan Leaf....one of, if not, the biggest NFL flop in history. He had a rough time after being cut and floundered around for many years. Had some addiction problems, etc. Yesterday was the first time I watched the show, but glad to see him recover and land on his feet.

I saw that yesterday. :laugh: Colt may have changed some of the complexity of the game.......but the outcome would have been the same. They drove down the field and had us on our heels to start with, but I always remember one of Saban's talking points about the start of a game. The first 17-20 plays of a game are scripted. This is when you see looks that have not been on previous film, all the new wrinkles teams throw at you are during this period. After that, teams settle into their tendencies and do what they do. Texas never got past that point because because Colt got hurt. Their first drive fell within that period and so did their second drive when he got hurt. Also our first drive stalled and we punted. Muschamp was the DC at the time and new one of Saban's MO was to fake a punt if (I remember correctly) the gunners lined up a certain way. This resulted in an interception because Dre Kirkpatrick was not expecting/looking for the ball to be thrown to him by the punter. After we settled down and they settled down......the defense that had not given up 100 yard game to a single rusher all year long.............had two of them running over their ass that night.

G Mac said his biggest (most disappointing) game was the 2010 Auburn game.

i was at that game....and i can agree. i just never felt good about that game...especially during half time. i told my sister that even though we were up by 3 scores, i just never felt comfortable about it and knew auburn would find a way back into the game.

sure enough....

i was at that game....and i can agree. i just never felt good about that game...especially during half time. i told my sister that even though we were up by 3 scores, i just never felt comfortable about it and knew auburn would find a way back into the game.

sure enough....

I am directly responsible for that outcome. We had studio pictures scheduled for that morning and the studio screwed around and I missed kickoff and then listened to first quarter on the radio rushing home. I have no doubt the outcome was due to me being punished for being a crappy fan and missing kickoff

sure enough....
Remember the sky at half turning brillant orange and blue? Scared the *** outta me.
Well if G'Mac had not got hurt... lol
Ingram running for TD down sidelines. Hit from behind and ball rolling 20 yards along sideline and outta bounds in and out of EZ for touchback. Gmac fumbling on 1 yard line.
So many ifs

I am directly responsible for that outcome. We had studio pictures scheduled for that morning and the studio screwed around and I missed kickoff and then listened to first quarter on the radio rushing home. I have no doubt the outcome was due to me being punished for being a crappy fan and missing kickoff

Y'all seriously set up a family picture day on the morning of the Iron Bowl?

Y'all seriously set up a family picture day on the morning of the Iron Bowl?

By y'all if you mean my wife who promised me we would be through in plenty of time, then yes. I was a fool to believe it. The pictures are horrible because I was pissed. I told the photographer to just get the f##king pictures done cause I just want to get out of here

Many lessons were learned that day

I was at the game too with a buddy who is a Texas fan. Alabama was 0-7-1 against Texas prior to that game...remember all the talk leading up to that game. Texas defense, Texas running game, Colt McCoy, etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game...great venue, great atmosphere, and a great outcome. Let them think what they want.

I remember sitting in the stands wondering wtf happened to Colt, nobody knew. We were all just waiting to hear, seemed like forever to find out what happened. The walk back to from the stadium was fun, Texas fans were stuck with a gigantic WHAT IF forever. We later found this same WHAT IF against Ohio State and Clemson (twice).

View from my seat. Funny thing, CC Sebathia sat a few rows down from me. People wouldn't leave the guy alone, everyone wants a damn photo with these guys. Let them be. I'll never understand this.

i-fQmmPPG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom