| FTBL The Nick Saban show

T

tidentrue12

well i just watched the debut of the Nick Saban show and i have mixed feelings.

first of all they did the interview portion with coach after the crowd had cleared last night, not in the studio, therefore he was not in a posistion to describe the action we were seeing, i.e. yardage and situation, what play was called, etc..

i liked this style of show from the past, but you could sense the intensity Coach Saban has right after a big win, wonder if he will have the same demeanor after a loss and how will they do it on the road.

second of all, 15 minutes of highlights is not enough but i guess they have to fit in a player profile like they have in recent memory.

just some quick observations, not bitching, at least it is still not "The Coach Mike Shula Show" :D

tidentrue12 said:

first of all they did the interview portion with coach after the crowd had cleared last night, not in the studio, therefore he was not in a posistion to describe the action we were seeing, i.e. yardage and situation, what play was called, etc..

i liked this style of show from the past, but you could sense the intensity Coach Saban has right after a big win, wonder if he will have the same demeanor after a loss and how will they do it on the road.

second of all, 15 minutes of highlights is not enough but i guess they have to fit in a player profile like they have in recent memory.

just some quick observations, not bitching, at least it is still not "The Coach Mike Shula Show" :D

I'm not positive, but I think he started doing the coach's show after the game when he was at LSU. I know that LSU still does it that way. As far as the away games, if it's like LSU they will do them at the stadium after the game as well.

Wiseace615 said:
tidentrue12 said:

I'm not positive, but I think he started doing the coach's show after the game when he was at LSU. I know that LSU still does it that way. As far as the away games, if it's like LSU they will do them at the stadium after the game as well.

You're right.

I saw it. Who was the host/interviewer? First thing I said was that in the future he needs to make sure he doesn't wear the same thing Coach is wearing. I thought that was a bit tacky. But overall good show.

CTT has been doing the Auburn Football Review Show from the field after the game for two seasons now. It interesting to see Saban taking a que from the best program in the State, he even had the players were suits for their program pictures, as Auburn has been doing for years.

JohnDeere said:
CTT has been doing the Auburn Football Review Show from the field after the game for two seasons now. It interesting to see Saban taking a que from the best program in the State, he even had the players were suits for their program pictures, as Auburn has been doing for years.

You are delusional.

JohnDeere said:

Got thrown off the Barner boards and decided to come over here, huh? Tell us about your team's victory this weekend.

JohnDeere said:

you must be a grad, with all the spelling like you pronounce it....que????.....were suits?????

JohnDeere said:

So just because Ears has done it for 2 seasons, Auburn owns the idea and your not obsessing?

Oh by the way...Ears "stole" it from LSU first then.

JohnDeere said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the players were suits for their program pictures. I thought they were football players. ;scr

JohnDeere said:

Well, I am pretty sure ears "stole" his team's entrance from UNA, considering the first time I saw AU enter like that was a year or two after we started it.

Outlaw said:
Well, I am pretty sure ears "stole" his team's entrance from UNA, considering the first time I saw AU enter like that was a year or two after we started it.

do you mean the whole "Chorus Line" bit. I think he started that the season after the Louisville plane debacle, to show solidarity, or gayness, i haven't decided yet.

Ahhhhh...........I just love Fall. It's when the trolls are at their most colorful.

trolls06c.jpg

JohnDeere said:

If you'll scroll up you'll notice that it was stated and verified that Coach Saban was doing the Coach's show after the game when he was coaching at LSU, well before Tub of Ears started it. If you're not going to spell worth a damn at least have your facts straight.

Back
Top Bottom