| FTBL The Bama Affect.

tider79

So after digesting this past weekends game and having time to reflect, I noticed something once again while watching the post game field-rushing celebration at Kyle field. First I will say congrats to Tam for a hard fought win, they wanted it more and they got it, which leads me to this thought, and I know this is not a revelation, but Alabama has become THE iconic name in the world of college football and that was demonstrated last saturday night. While A&M basically sits at the bottom of the SEC west, you would have thought they had just won the National Championship. Never mind the fact that they had just lost two games in a row to SEC west members Arkie and MSU . Did the delirium of just beating Bama make them forget they have no shot at even winning the west, nevermind the SEC? Yes, yes it did, you see, other then a few teams, most care about one thing, and that is to dethrone the King and his subjects. When schedules are printed and practice begins in the SEC, one date is circled on each teams calendar..... Alabama. So even though this loss stings, the fact that we dropped only to #5 in the polls solidifies my point that coaches. players and pollsters, all know and respect the Bama factor. So again with all sincerity, congratulations to Texas A&M and enjoy this victory because that is all there is for you the rest of this year.

Bama fans did at one time rush the field. Coach Bryant lost a hat because someone took it off his head. But I do think if the fans rush the field and any of the team or coaching staff are hurt by this then the fine should be more than $250,000 dollars?

So after digesting this past weekends game and having time to reflect, I noticed something once again while watching the post game field-rushing celebration at Kyle field. First I will say congrats to Tam for a hard fought win, they wanted it more and they got it, which leads me to this thought, and I know this is not a revelation, but Alabama has become THE iconic name in the world of college football and that was demonstrated last saturday night. While A&M basically sits at the bottom of the SEC west, you would have thought they had just won the National Championship. Never mind the fact that they had just lost two games in a row to SEC west members Arkie and MSU . Did the delirium of just beating Bama make them forget they have no shot at even winning the west, nevermind the SEC? Yes, yes it did, you see, other then a few teams, most care about one thing, and that is to dethrone the King and his subjects. When schedules are printed and practice begins in the SEC, one date is circled on each teams calendar..... Alabama. So even though this loss stings, the fact that we dropped only to #5 in the polls solidifies my point that coaches. players and pollsters, all know and respect the Bama factor. So again with all sincerity, congratulations to Texas A&M and enjoy this victory because that is all there is for you the rest of this year.

Deep down they know we have the chance to beat everyone in the country on a regular basis. That's why I shake my head anytime we aren't considered one of the Top 4. As much of a proponent of Cincinatti making it to the Playoffs as I am, I would laugh in the face of anyone that would put them in over a one loss or two loss Alabama team. So then it goes back to deserving over best four.

I don't get much excitement out of folks considering us their Super Bowl. I am still more disappointed that we lost to an inferior team. In the end, it was a good humbling experience for these guys as these Sophomores had never lost at Alabama and rarely in a game that was close. We just gotta fix our issues and win and we can ignore the noise.

We just gotta fix our issues and win and we can ignore the noise
This.... Bama takes care of Bama and everything else takes care of itself. As always Bama plays clean they win. If they do not it still takes multiple issues for them to lose (2 turnovers, kick return for a td, multiple dropped passes, multiple fg's instead of TD's, PI penalties, multiple sacks etc..). Take just one away and it is likely a close win. Take multiple away and it is closer to the spread.

This.... Bama takes care of Bama and everything else takes care of itself. As always Bama plays clean they win. If they do not it still takes multiple issues for them to lose (2 turnovers, kick return for a td, multiple dropped passes, multiple fg's instead of TD's, PI penalties, multiple sacks etc..). Take just one away and it is likely a close win. Take multiple away and it is closer to the spread.
That targeting play really hurt, and it was early.

Other than under a very RARE circumstance, like The Bear's last game as @Kirk Van de Graaff was talking about, rushing the field is bush league. Programs that do this on the regular are basically saying "we've never won crap, so we don't know how to act". I expect this kind of shit out of the barn. They rush the field every chance they get. It wasn't a full on rush, but some fans jumped out onto the field last year after they beat tennessee. And nobody was shocked. It wouldn't surprise me if they started rushing the field after moral victories. But I really expected better out of aggie. Hell, they have beaten Nebraska and Oklahoma before when they were number 1. They have won the SWC and Big 12 before. It's not like they are Vanderbilt.

We still get every team trying to take there Bye week before us. When we lose, in most cases, we make multiple mistakes, we have several bounces/calls that go against us and we have an off night.

Losing our first/second string OLB and our starting free safety before the game really started against a team that was going to be even more reliant on the Tight end and running back going out on pass routes.. was unlucky. The officials must have predetermined not to call OL holding because I cant remember 1 being called.. this didn't help us. I thought we looked like a team in need of a "Bye week".. tired. We turned it over on downs once or twice, turned it over twice while we were driving. once inside the 10. Questionable play calling caused us to take a field goal on three possessions where we could have gotten 6. 19 dropped 4 passes, 8 dropped three passes and 81 dropped 2 passes including 1 TD pass.

Mix all that, with a crazy crowd and hostile environment and you get the recipe for a Bama loss to an Unranked team. I hope we are able to survive this week and get to the Bye week. I hope during the Bye week we start working some of these younger players into the rotation especially at WR.. we need some explosiveness on offense.

It’s the primary difference between Bama fans and cow patty u fans. The latter consider any season a success as long as the barn beats Bama. While Tide fans consider any season a failure if Bama doesn’t win the NC. It’s the same with all historically dominate team’s fan base. Yankee’s fans could care less if they win the season series with the Red Sox … they judge their team a success only if they win the WS. The Lakers, Patriots, Kentucky BB, et al … same thing.

Back
Top Bottom