| FTBL The Auburn/S. Florida game just took......

I

imported_porkchop

...an interesting turn.

As good as South Florida has been at times the last couple of years (and i do believe they are an up and coming program) their chances of beating the Barn may have just taken a hit.

Mike Ford Arrested

Anything can happen, but if Ford is suspended for the game (or games) SFU's chances take a hit.

If this kid ever gets his life straightened out he could really be something special on the field.

I don;t know how big of a hit it will take as it looks like Jamar Taylor will likely be in the backfield with Ford. :( if Ford sits, I think Taylor is a very capable back.

RTR
BamaSon25

Are you talking about “OUR” Jamar Taylor transferring to South Florida, or do they have another player named Jamar Taylor? If you are talking about the guy we saw play in the Bama A-day game, I would expect him to have to sit out a year if he was planning on transferring to South Florida. He spent a semester here on scholarship, practiced with our team, and participated in our A-day game. I would expect that to be enough to force him to sit out a year, even if he never played in a game here.

BamaSon25 said:
I don;t know how big of a hit it will take as it looks like Jamar Taylor will likely be in the backfield with Ford. :( if Ford sits, I think Taylor is a very capable back.

RTR
BamaSon25

huh?

Saban also addressed the status of freshman running back Jamar Taylor of Lakeland, Fla., who enrolled in school in January and was impressive in spring practice but went home at the end of the spring semester and apparently plans to transfer to South Florida.

"We'll make an announcement relative to that," Saban said. "Jamar is a guy that has personal things where we thought and he thought it would be better for him if he could go closer to home. I think we all agreed with his family on that, so we were all very supportive in helping him to get some place where it was going to be closer to home for him. When that occurs, we'll let everyone know."[/guote]

I don't think he will have to sit a year.
I could be wrong on this, but I think he can play this fall since he was never on the team during the season.

From what I understand, Jamar has a child in South Florida that needs him. If this kid is leaving Alabama to take care of a child, I wish him nothing but the best. Sometimes there are things that are just more important than football. This seems to be one of those times.

RTR
BamaSon25

USF is ripe for the upset. Mike Ford turned himself in for tickets from driving. Im sure he is out. Should he have paid those tickets and gone to court for silly stuff like no driver's liscnce and driving an unregistered vehicle, yep. But I don't think it will effect the season. Probably a lot of running for him by the coaching staff. And yes, Jamar taylor is going there, so that should help. But lets not forget guys, they already have RBs there that have been playing and know the system.

USF beat WV @ WV last year. I think they beat them pretty fair.

USF beat the pants off Louisville in 2005 in Tampa.

USF can beat them. Will they, don't know, but if Auburn ain't on, then they are going to have problems and playing in JH ain't going to bother then too much.

Back
Top Bottom