| FTBL Texas vs. USC in Pasadena....

Who wins the Rose Bowl?

• University of Southern California Trojans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crimson323

Verified Member
I picked it right. When UTx. beat UMi. in the Rose Bowl last year, I said they would return to play for the National Title against USC. Hand to God, stack of Bibles on my Grandma's grave, I picked these two to play. I pick Utx. to win. Last year, I chose USC to win out and the Pats to beat the Eagles in SBXXXIX. My other hand to God, and some more Bibles on my Granny's grave....I chose the NC Winner and SB Winner in 2004 before each season even started. I also picked Bama to play UGA in the SECCG and win, we all see how that one turned out. I am not a foolproof predictorator, but I do okay.

I had to gloat. Anywho.....Texas vs. USC is the best match up since 2002.
Miami vs. Ohio State was a classic for the ages. UTx and USC are the most evenly matched teams I have seen in years. This cannot be a replay of last years game. Oklahoma was overrated. In retrospect...maybe Agbarn should have played USC. :shock: Anywhat......I expect a really close score-fest between these two.

I thought both of them would play too after watching the Rose Bowl last year. I think a lot of people thought they would go. However, for all we know Texas is the 2005 version of Oklahoma. I think it will be closer than that but I pick USC to win. I just don't see Reggie Bush being stopped.

Like I have said before, with these two juggernaut offenses, this game will come down to which defense can make a stop. If that's the case, I think Texas wins because they have a much better defense.

I will be rooting for Texas in this one, which won't be hard because I've always liked Texas.

Hook 'em Horns!

fb_hooked_215.gif
texas_longhorns_gif.jpg

The media's lovefest with USC (lets show 3/4th of all college football clips on ESPN with Matt Lienart and Reggie Bush) ends this season. Hopefully, the Horns can bring it a little quicker.

I just wish both teams had a defense. Im gonna feel like I'm watching a Madden game.

vatz22au said:
I just wish both teams had a defense. Im gonna feel like I'm watching a Madden game.

:lol: Two high scoring offenses should draw a record number of people to watch this game. Most people have the attention span of a gnat anymore, and want instant scoring. That is how this game will probably be. Of course, I would love to see a score like 28-24 or something like that. Of course it will probably be more like....53-50. High scoring games are not always the most exciting, i.e. UA/LSU 16-13, PSU/OSU 17-14, UTx/OSU 25-22, etc.

I just have to think that USC is the more complete team here.

Obviously anything can happen but barring any catastrophy by the Trojans, I don't see Texas winning this one.

USC's offense is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's almost like whenever they feel like playing then they do,... and then they blow you out. I just don't see UT stopping Buch and company. Texas could hold USC to minus yardage for 3 quarters and stil lose by 20 given the way USC plays on offense. It's just amazing.

I'll say USC 49 Texas 30

porkchop said:
I just have to think that USC is the more complete team here.

Obviously anything can happen but barring any catastrophy by the Trojans, I don't see Texas winning this one.

USC's offense is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's almost like whenever they feel like playing then they do,... and then they blow you out. I just don't see UT stopping Buch and company. Texas could hold USC to minus yardage for 3 quarters and stil lose by 20 given the way USC plays on offense. It's just amazing.

I'll say USC 49 Texas 30

Does some crazed USC fan have a gun to your head making you say these things? I know you are allowed to pick the Durex Boys, but does it have anything to do with living in L.A.?
Don't get me wrong, I don't really believe that by living there, you are persueded to pull for USC. But UTx ain't Oklahoma. I mean UTx is very good. They deserve more credit than they recieve from they're critics. I don't think USC would have lasted against even the lamest Big XII schedule without losing at least one. But that is just me. Roll Tide and don't take this the wrong way.

I agree with the Chop. Sourthern Cal. is the man and to be the man you must beat the man. Texas is very good but the difference is Reggie Bush.Texas does not have a back that is comparable. Homefield is also in the Trojans' pocket. RTR

I think OU quit last year. That doesn't seem like it makes sense, but they haven't pulled out a truly big postseason game in a while and when they lose, they lose big. Texas is a little different team though. Very talented on offense and I don't think USC has seen a QB as mobile as Young.

Also, Chizik is UT's DC and not only has he already faced USC a couple of times, he is probably going to out forth the best D this team has seen in quite a while. Texas can score at least as often as Fresno State and do it a lot easier.

Now, I think Carroll is extremely good at preparing when given a long layoff while Brown has done a decent job here as well.

I don't know, but I think Texas might pull this out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really believe that by living there, you are persueded to pull for USC.

Dude! I have been pulling for every team they've played this year....EVEN NOTRE DAME. I've hoped and hoped someone would find a way to get it done but they havent. USC is just too explosive on offense.

I can see Texas scoring some points against the Trojans but I just don't see them beating USC. And to be honest, I'm not completely sold on UT's defense either. They've had some trouble this season against teams that like to run. Look at the TAM game. They couldn't stop TAM to save their life for 3 1/2 quarters. Yeah maybe they were looking ahead that day, but I'm not so sure.

Reggie Bush might run for 200 on Texas.

porkchop said:
Don't get me wrong, I don't really believe that by living there, you are persueded to pull for USC.

Dude! I have been pulling for every team they've played this year....EVEN NOTRE DAME. I've hoped and hoped someone would find a way to get it done but they havent. USC is just too explosive on offense.

I can see Texas scoring some points against the Trojans but I just don't see them beating USC. And to be honest, I'm not completely sold on UT's defense either. They've had some trouble this season against teams that like to run. Look at the TAM game. They couldn't stop TAM to save their life for 3 1/2 quarters. Yeah maybe they were looking ahead that day, but I'm not so sure.

Reggie Bush might run for 200 on Texas.
Slow down big fella. I know you weren't sold on the Trojans during the regular season. I know that USC is good. But I really have seen them struggle on defense, except against UCLA. I think USC's so-so defense will get them in trouble with UTx. Bush may get the Heisman and 200 yards on UTx, but I can't see them beating the Horns. It should be close. I think the Horn's D will stay on Bush all day and wear him down, Lendale White as well. I know ATM gave UTx trouble, but it was a rivalry game. Hell, look what FSU did to VT for 3 1/2 quarters, VT couldn't score until late in the game. VT has....had the best Defense in CFB. It's all a matter of who shows up and who lays down. USC is playing literally, in their own backyard. They are relaxed and have assured themsleves of an inevitable win over UTx. UTx is traveling all the way to Pasadena pumped, expecting USC to lay back, I don't think they'll return to Austin empty-handed.

I think Texas's defense will be just a bit too much for the Trojans. The toughest Defense USC has played this year is comparable to MTSU ( ranking wise) I'm tempted to say USC, only in hopes of jinxing them to loose :D

Back
Top Bottom