| FTBL Texas is complaining about the 'horns down,' again.

To be fair - I don't see anything in the article about any Texas players or representatives complaining about it. Sounds like it's the league's prerogative...
Mack Brown said so in a press conference about a decade ago and said it was something the conference should study. It came after one of his players were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct against TTU. He put the "guns in the holster" versus their "Guns Up" hand sign.

It's Texas. No if's, and's, or but's about this whole thing.

Mack Brown said so in a press conference about a decade ago and said it was something the conference should study. It came after one of his players were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct against TTU. He put the "guns in the holster" versus their "Guns Up" hand sign.

It's Texas. No if's, and's, or but's about this whole thing.

I'm sure they've complained about it... And don't dispute your claim about Mack Brown mentioning it 10 years ago.

But to say they're complaining about it "again", with an article that only quotes Big 12 officials, appears to be misleading.

I'm sure they've complained about it... And don't dispute your claim about Mack Brown mentioning it 10 years ago.

But to say they're complaining about it "again", with an article that only quotes Big 12 officials, appears to be misleading.
This is no different than things we see crop up every season. Take the notion "Auburn needs to move to the east." You'll see writers discuss it, you won't see quotes from Auburn personnel, but you know where it's coming from.

We saw the same thing last season. Where's it coming from? Do you think other schools are pushing this narrative? Do you think the Big 12 officials are leading this charge? If you think it's the Big12, and not Texas, then why aren't we seeing the same thing with "Guns Up?" Because even with their having a hard time, the TTU folk don't get upset about petty little things like this. Texas on the other hand?

UGA, to us, is what Texas is to their conference. A lot of arrogance, they expect to be treated differently, and it results in this for Texas. With UGA, it resulted in things like "The Saban Rule" for spring evals. Or, intra-conference transfers with no penalty.

It's not media driven though it's constantly espoused by the media. But, let there be no doubt, it's Texas driven.

A question for you to ponder> Who do you think asked Burks the question last Tuesday? An OU reporter? Oh, hellza naw.

UGA, to us, is what Texas is to their conference. A lot of arrogance,

I was just on Instagram and saw a video of Lorenzo Carter blocking the field goal against Oklahoma in the Playoffs to give Georgia a chance to win, which we all know they did. One of the comments said "this is the most electrifying play in all of CFB Playoff History". I said "the last play of the next game wasn't". No comment yet, but arrogance as you stated is through the roof in Athens.

Telling you, once Daniels leaves, they will not miss a step in thinking Brock Vandagriff is better and will lead them to the promise land like Daniels couldn't. Just watch.

Telling you, once Daniels leaves, they will not miss a step in thinking Brock Vandagriff is better and will lead them to the promise land like Daniels couldn't. Just watch.
As a Bama fan, I've watched and known Georgia fans for a minute.

Having semi-lived in Georgia for a bit, got to see it first hand.

I heard Buck Belue on Drew D.'s show the other day talking Georgia winning the transfer portal title. (sic)

I was just on Instagram and saw a video of Lorenzo Carter blocking the field goal against Oklahoma in the Playoffs to give Georgia a chance to win, which we all know they did. One of the comments said "this is the most electrifying play in all of CFB Playoff History". I said "the last play of the next game wasn't". No comment yet, but arrogance as you stated is through the roof in Athens.

.....its not even close to most important play in cf playoff history...
For uga fans it is though......
Its their greatest moment...

but far down the list of great ( est) plays...

This is no different than things we see crop up every season. Take the notion "Auburn needs to move to the east." You'll see writers discuss it, you won't see quotes from Auburn personnel, but you know where it's coming from.

We saw the same thing last season. Where's it coming from? Do you think other schools are pushing this narrative? Do you think the Big 12 officials are leading this charge? If you think it's the Big12, and not Texas, then why aren't we seeing the same thing with "Guns Up?" Because even with their having a hard time, the TTU folk don't get upset about petty little things like this. Texas on the other hand?

UGA, to us, is what Texas is to their conference. A lot of arrogance, they expect to be treated differently, and it results in this for Texas. With UGA, it resulted in things like "The Saban Rule" for spring evals. Or, intra-conference transfers with no penalty.

It's not media driven though it's constantly espoused by the media. But, let there be no doubt, it's Texas driven.

A question for you to ponder> Who do you think asked Burks the question last Tuesday? An OU reporter? Oh, hellza naw.

Fair enough... I see what you're saying.

I fully agree with your comparison of Texas & Georgia fans as well... Know a few of both that really live in the same stratosphere!

Back
Top Bottom