| FTBL Texas Dline vs Bama Oline

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
I’m, certainly, not an authority on this kind of thing but what do some of y’all think will happen? @TerryP , @BamaFan334 to name a few. I’ve read where Texas has a “veteran “ interior line but susceptible on the ends. Can y’all break it down for us?

I’m, certainly, not an authority on this kind of thing but what do some of y’all think will happen? @TerryP , @BamaFan334 to name a few. I’ve read where Texas has a “veteran “ interior line but susceptible on the ends. Can y’all break it down for us?

Call me crazy, but I was not impressed with their defensive line last year. Their linebackers were very effective when they blitzed and they were very active. I think that's what caused us problems last year. We had open receivers, but a number of drops and their blitz package threw us off. in the end, I think our line with a new attitude and mission will handle their defensive line. We showed we can maneuver around a blitz package, so we should see some success, but Milroe will have to not freak out under pressure and protect the football. Watch the highlights and you'll see just how much Bryce did for us last year when we couldn't handle their blitzing.

I will say, watching the highlights it gives me even MORE appreciation for Bryce. His footwork is amazing and his movement around the pocket and line of scrimmage may be the best I have seen. Under control and never loses his focus or cool. A lot of talented ball players come through college every year, but never one as cool, calm, and collected as Bryce, to go along with all of his tools.

If we move as slow off the ball this week as we did last week against MTSU, it could be a long afternoon for us on the OL. uTexas has many starters back from last year and as @BamaFan334 said, "there LB's were very effective. Hope to see improvement this week with our OL.

I think OL vs their DL line of scrimmage favors us but we have to play the long game because Texas is going to blitz like crazy like MTSU to try to fill the gaps. And I am 100% certain they are going to call plays that fills more gaps & will continue to do so until Milroe forces them to change their defense. In other words, he's going to need to make some completions to nutrilize the blitz.

TE quick passes & bubble screens to start by making the LB"s run sideline to sideline more.

Last edited:
I don’t think the Alabama offense showed much in the run game schematically. Texas will get the full playbook.

When you have to play 11 on 11 football and Rees uses motion and misdirection and extra pullers in the zone read game Texas better hope they keep gap integrity or they will get creased

If we move as slow off the ball this week as we did last week against MTSU, it could be a long afternoon for us on the OL. uTexas has many starters back from last year and as @BamaFan334 said, "there LB's were very effective. Hope to see improvement this week with our OL.
Again you can't use last week as a measuring stick. They had a unique package and sold out on stopping running game.

Call me crazy, but I was not impressed with their defensive line last year. Their linebackers were very effective when they blitzed and they were very active. I think that's what caused us problems last year. We had open receivers, but a number of drops and their blitz package threw us off. in the end, I think our line with a new attitude and mission will handle their defensive line. We showed we can maneuver around a blitz package, so we should see some success, but Milroe will have to not freak out under pressure and protect the football. Watch the highlights and you'll see just how much Bryce did for us last year when we couldn't handle their blitzing.

I will say, watching the highlights it gives me even MORE appreciation for Bryce. His footwork is amazing and his movement around the pocket and line of scrimmage may be the best I have seen. Under control and never loses his focus or cool. A lot of talented ball players come through college every year, but never one as cool, calm, and collected as Bryce, to go along with all of his tools.
If anything we have advantage because they do not know what we will do in this game. If it was Golding staying with us this year, then Sark definitely would find a way to scheme for his exotic defense. This is the game where Bama is looking to make statement to everyone. I expect us to run a lot and tire defense out

If anything we have advantage because they do not know what we will do in this game. If it was Golding staying with us this year, then Sark definitely would find a way to scheme for his exotic defense. This is the game where Bama is looking to make statement to everyone. I expect us to run a lot and tire defense out

I am excited because for the first time in a while every game is not expected to be a skull dragging and the competitor in me is hyped for the unknown. That doesn't mean I don't think we'll win by three touchdowns, but the days of a given W before we walk on the field in my brain or not there and it's actually a good thing as it has me more interested and paying more attention.

I'm with you, I don't think Sarkesian knows what to expect and I don't expect Saban to roll out anything Texas will truly prepare for. Should be exciting.

I am excited because for the first time in a while every game is not expected to be a skull dragging and the competitor in me is hyped for the unknown.

As long as this team continues to play fundamental football that forces the other team to be plain better, I'll be happy.

I loose my $hit when we are beating ourselves.

Should be exciting.

I just hope/pray Bryant Denny has the same sentiment & is bat$hit crazy!!!

I agree with some others... I'm well into dead horse territory with this, but the as the defensive line goes, the team goes. The offensive line too, but there's less question marks there in terms of my concerns. This weekend, the OL will need to take a step, and I think they will when going up against bigger bodies. Much has been, and will be made, of the Longhorn WR's vs. the Bama coverage guys... and for good cause, it is a bigtime matchup. We all know Sark is one of the best at finding and exploiting mismatches in coverage, wasn't too long ago of course that Bama was the beneficiary of those skills. But, the main card of Saturday night's matchup is the Texas offensive line vs. The Alabama defensive front. Would not surprise me if Sark starts out with a lot of max protection to try and buy Ewers time and keep him clean in the pocket and also hope he can decipher and expose Bama when numbers are in his favor, then adjust from there. Regardless, the Tide defense and must win their matchups up front and make the most of their stunts and blitzes, of which the latter two looked much cleaner and better executed against MTSU as opposed to most of last season. If the Bama front can win that battle war, it allows the Bama defensive backfield to bring an axe to a knife fight. Getting off the field on 3rd downs is a must too, especially 3rd and long. If the Tide defensive front wilts, it's going to put the offense against the wall and into a situation that they might not be ready for just yet.

DL has to hold up and the OL has to get movement. The trenches will determine how this game goes. I guess you ccould say that about any game. I have seen enough of the shorthorns over the years to know defense historically has not been their strength. Could it have changed? Sure but they will have to prove it on the field.

Wild card here will be Milroes legs. We have seen how hard it is to handle a mobile QB.

As always for Bama, play a clean game and they win. The played a clean game in week one. Need to do it in week 2.

noice.gif
it allows the Bama defensive backfield to bring an axe to a knife fight.

Back
Top Bottom