| FTBL Tennessee alread breaking the rules??

JacobGibson05

Verified Member
http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/607586.html

Spurrier questions whether Kiffin broke rules
Written by Joe Person

South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier questioned whether new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin broke an NCAA rule when he called a recruit a day before he was introduced as the Volunteers’ new coach.

According to a story published on VolQuest.com, part of the Rivals’ network, Kiffin and former Gamecocks recruiting coordinator David Reaves called Tampa running back Jarvis Giles on Sunday and left him voice messages.

The NCAA requires coaches to pass a certification test before they can contact recruits.

“You’re supposed to have passed the NCAA test and be on board, I think. But maybe he was just calling him as an interested observer,” Spurrier said today, laughing. “I don’t know. But technically to be able to recruit you’re supposed to pass the NCAA test.

“I know when I was hired, after the press conference I took the test to qualify you to be a recruiter. I hadn’t taken it in three or four years. At that time I could start making calls. I don’t know if he was permitted to make that call or not. You’ll have to ask somebody else.”

Tennessee spokesman Bud Ford said Kiffin, the former Oakland Raiders coach, signed his contract with Tennessee on Saturday. Ford was uncertain whether Kiffin had taken the NCAA test.

Tennessee is introducing the 33-year-old Kiffin at an afternoon news conference.

Reaves, who is Kiffin’s brother-in-law, resigned from USC on Sunday to become Tennessee’s quarterbacks coach. Reaves had recruited Giles for the Gamecocks.

Giles committed to the Volunteers before Phillip Fulmer’s resignation, and was thought to be down to USC and Nebraska as his final choices.

JacobGibson05 said:
http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/607586.html

Spurrier questions whether Kiffin broke rules
Written by Joe Person

South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier questioned whether new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin broke an NCAA rule when he called a recruit a day before he was introduced as the Volunteers’ new coach.

According to a story published on VolQuest.com, part of the Rivals’ network, Kiffin and former Gamecocks recruiting coordinator David Reaves called Tampa running back Jarvis Giles on Sunday and left him voice messages.

The NCAA requires coaches to pass a certification test before they can contact recruits.

“You’re supposed to have passed the NCAA test and be on board, I think. But maybe he was just calling him as an interested observer,” Spurrier said today, laughing. “I don’t know. But technically to be able to recruit you’re supposed to pass the NCAA test.

“I know when I was hired, after the press conference I took the test to qualify you to be a recruiter. I hadn’t taken it in three or four years. At that time I could start making calls. I don’t know if he was permitted to make that call or not. You’ll have to ask somebody else.”

Tennessee spokesman Bud Ford said Kiffin, the former Oakland Raiders coach, signed his contract with Tennessee on Saturday. Ford was uncertain whether Kiffin had taken the NCAA test.

Tennessee is introducing the 33-year-old Kiffin at an afternoon news conference.

Reaves, who is Kiffin’s brother-in-law, resigned from USC on Sunday to become Tennessee’s quarterbacks coach. Reaves had recruited Giles for the Gamecocks.

Giles committed to the Volunteers before Phillip Fulmer’s resignation, and was thought to be down to USC and Nebraska as his final choices.

My guess would be that Kiffin was the OC at USC recent enough that he is still certified.

That said, a coach from USC going to UT is major cheating waiting to happen.

Bamsambo said:
Kiffin stated in the Tennessee press conference that he took the test several days before he got hired.

And in other news, Swamptick stated today that Conan the Barbarian was a real person and would be introducing him as the new head of surgery at UAB. Since it was stated it must be true.

ORANGEADDICT said:
check espn.com about Kiffins hire...it states he started making calls as soon as he was cleared by the ncaa............lol funny funny

Doesn't matter. You fired Spurrier's whippin boy. He's gonna be watching. Just wait til that clown Orgeron starts trying to take Darth Visor's recruits.

BamaGradinTN said:
ORANGEADDICT said:
check espn.com about Kiffins hire...it states he started making calls as soon as he was cleared by the ncaa............lol funny funny

Doesn't matter. You fired Spurrier's whippin boy. He's gonna be watching. Just wait til that clown Orgeron starts trying to take
Darth Visor's
recruits.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom