| FTBL Teams to watch in '08 for National title implications?

TerryP

Staff
From a Rivals article...

So according to these criteria, the Demon Deacons, Scarlet Knights, Jayhawks, Trojans, Crimson Tide and Bulldogs are the teams to watch next season.

Of course, more teams than those that fit the national championship profile can aspire to win it all in 2008. It's not out of the question for a team that had a losing record in '07 to bounce back and win a national title, though that would indeed be a high mountain to climb.

Here's the article.

TerryP said:
From a Rivals article...

So according to these criteria, the Demon Deacons, Scarlet Knights, Jayhawks, Trojans, Crimson Tide and Bulldogs are the teams to watch next season.

Of course, more teams than those that fit the national championship profile can aspire to win it all in 2008. It's not out of the question for a team that had a losing record in '07 to bounce back and win a national title, though that would indeed be a high mountain to climb.

Here's the article.

If we win a NC next year I want to help build CNS's statue :D

BamaDelta said:
I just want to beat Auburn.

yea, let's not get a head of ourselves here. A NC would be nice, but I still just don't see it happening next year, we still have a long way to go, this recruiting class helps, but they're all going to be unexperienced, and will need to learn a new system (a very complicated one)

I don't just want to beat Auburn, 6 long years have passed, and I want to cream them to death. Not just win, but I want the entire barn faithful to regret they every chanted "War pigion," and raised the damn thumb and finger. They can shove it up there ..... well you get the picture.

Bama Los said:
I don't just want to beat Auburn, 6 long years have passed, and I want to cream them to death. Not just win, but I want the entire barn faithful to regret they every chanted "War pigion," and raised the damn thumb and finger. They can shove it up there ..... well you get the picture.

Well, you said it a little better than I did. :wink:

I promise you there has not been a Rammer Jammer as loud as this one will be...no, not even the Florida '05 one.

Speaking of the Iron Bowl, how do you guys feel is the best way to go about getting tickets(to the Iron Bowl)? I've used Ebay for all the games I've been to so far. Also, how soon can I get my hands on a pair?

RTR

BamaDelta said:
Bama Los said:

I promise you there has not been a Rammer Jammer as loud as this one will be...no, not even the Florida '05 one.

Sandra, this is spooky. I said the exact same thing to a guy at a work yesterday. The EXACT same comparison (Florida 05.) WEIRD!

HeflinLady said:
BamaDelta said:
Bama Los said:

Sandra, this is spooky. I said the exact same thing to a guy at a work yesterday. The EXACT same comparison (Florida 05.) WEIRD!

One thing to remember is that the blowouts usually come from our hands too. How many of you can remember Auburn actually blowing us out from beginning to end? :wink:

I don't ever remember the Cow College just plain whooping us from start to finish.

Six years is WAAAAAAAAAY too long to go without beating the Cow College.

How can I go about getting tickets to a Alabamam home game? My wife has NEVER been to Bryant Denny and watched a game and heard 95,000 sing Yea Alabama.

Thanks,

Cory

piss.gif
auburn2.jpg

As much as I love to read good press on the Tide, this article smacks of the Andrew Lang quotation:

"He uses statistics the way a drunkard uses a lamp post--for support rather than illumination."

He says he only takes into consideration teams from the so-called "BCS Era." That results in a puny sample size. I'd want to see the analysis go back a lot more years than that before I would take him seriously.

laurajmoss said:
As much as I love to read good press on the Tide, this article smacks of the Andrew Lang quotation:

"He uses statistics the way a drunkard uses a lamp post--for support rather than illumination."

He says he only takes into consideration teams from the so-called "BCS Era." That results in a puny sample size. I'd want to see the analysis go back a lot more years than that before I would take him seriously.

Love that quote! I've used it quite a bit myself. Heck, if you get the BBC their version of The Office has used it as well.

Back
Top Bottom