| FTBL Suspended Tide stars will 'compete' for starting spots

gary funderburk said:
I know BOO did a great job Saturday, but I think we need Prince back in a big way. Imagine both of them sharing time. This means being fresh at every snap. Could be huge for us.

I don't discount his ability to contribute, but it seems to be a forgotten (or unknown) fact that he lost his starting job to McLain...and that had little to do with his suspension. RM learned the defense scheme a lot faster than most on the defense, and, at this point, is a better play caller than PH.

It's going to be a question of how much PT he has, not if he's the starter...at least, that is the way I'm understanding it.

TerryP said:
gary funderburk said:
I know BOO did a great job Saturday, but I think we need Prince back in a big way. Imagine both of them sharing time. This means being fresh at every snap. Could be huge for us.

I don't discount his ability to contribute, but it seems to be a forgotten (or unknown) fact that he lost his starting job to McLain...and that had little to do with his suspension. RM learned the defense scheme a lot faster than most on the defense, and, at this point, is a better play caller than PH.

It's going to be a question of how much PT he has, not if he's the starter...at least, that is the way I'm understanding it.
I am not really sure how to take it. I know Coach Saban has said RM deserved the start relative to how he has prepared and carried himself. I think this statement is a direct reflection on how Prince messed up. Remember Saban looks at the whole picture when he comments on status' of players. Prince, by doing whatever he done, showed Coach he wasn't ready to be a leader. Not necessarily that he could not be more productive on the field. If I just made any sense to you could you explain it to me cause now I'm lost! :roll:

gary funderburk said:
TerryP said:
gary funderburk said:

I am not really sure how to take it. I know Coach Saban has said RM deserved the start relative to how he has prepared and carried himself. I think this statement is a direct reflection on how Prince messed up. Remember Saban looks at the whole picture when he comments on status' of players. Prince, by doing whatever he done, showed Coach he wasn't ready to be a leader. Not necessarily that he could not be more productive on the field. If I just made any sense to you could you explain it to me cause now I'm lost! :roll:
I think you just said Coach Saban has increased control on discipline,attitude and competition and rewarded hard work!

To be honest, it didn't really surprise me that much that RM beat him out. :oops:

I thought, while Prince played great as a freshman, that he still made silly freshman mistakes. Then again, RM IS a freshman, but I still wasn't surprised. I wasn't as sold on PH as everyone else I guess is what I'm saying. Just because someone started last year doesn't mean a whole lot this year. :oops:

"I don't know what they did," he said. "I didn't see them. If you're suspended from the team -- in my opinion -- you don't deserve the right to be around the team during the game. That's a part of being suspended."

I also thought that was interesting - and a positive.

I don't think most people want to see Hall beat out RM he was very impressive but I do think that they would like to see him beat out Mustin.

Mustin played well too but I think Hall would be a better run defender up the middle, where we need the most help.

I first saw Prince Hall play H.S. ball out here in SoCal and so I am pulling for him to make the most of this opportunity and to max out his contributions to the Crimson Tide. I expect to see the best players starting each week, and that varies from week to week and has something to do with matchups against our next opponent, the week of practice, etc. As a youngster I made some pretty dumb moves but learned that I could always count on being held accountable. Prince is now in that boat, too. He can learn and continue to progress. Let's go Prince!

billclemen said:
I first saw Prince Hall play H.S. ball out here in SoCal and so I am pulling for him to make the most of this opportunity and to max out his contributions to the Crimson Tide. I expect to see the best players starting each week, and that varies from week to week and has something to do with matchups against our next opponent, the week of practice, etc. As a youngster I made some pretty dumb moves but learned that I could always count on being held accountable. Prince is now in that boat, too. He can learn and continue to progress. Let's go Prince!

Hammer, meet nail.

RM has earned the starting spot on the field but Prince has off the field issues as well that he is going to have to overcome.

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned it would be interesting to see PH and RM in the 3-4. That, I can't disagree with...

Back
Top Bottom