| FTBL Strength and Conditioning , luck, or both?

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
Take a look around the teams in the BCS and you will find a few of the top ones with injury problems. Alabama for all practical purposes have not had to deal with that many key player injuries at the end. I like how this is shaping up.

My dad and I talked about this on the way home from the game last night. I think S&C has played a huge role in staying healthy this year. Luck is certainly a factor, but I think you can generate/create some luck.

I think it is a combination of both (S&C and some luck) but also with some toughness mixed in. We have several guys who are playing though some things that folks don't know about. They are some of the more productive players on the team too... like Jones, Coffee, and Ingram.

Porter said:
I think it is a combination of both (S&C and some luck) but also with some toughness mixed in. We have several guys who are playing though some things that folks don't know about. They are some of the more productive players on the team too... like Jones, Coffee, and Ingram.

Well, that would be a combination of S&C and Toughness.
Luck is out of that one.

Coach Cochran deserves a lot of credit for the success of this team and not just from a lack of injuries standpoint. Next to Saban, I believe he is the biggest contributing factor of this football team.

Bama1966 said:
Porter said:

Well, that would be a combination of S&C and Toughness.
Luck is out of that one.

We were LUCKY that Pugh didn't successfully take out any players on Saturday. That is where the luck comes in.

Red_Tsunami said:
Coach Cochran deserves a lot of credit for the success of this team and not just from a lack of injuries standpoint. Next to Saban, I believe he is the biggest contributing factor of this football team.

He's a lot of fun to watch during the game as well. He gets 'em motivated then too. To look at him when we were up 10-0 you would have thought it was 50-0. Then again with Auburn it's about the same. :lol:

I believe that it is a combination of all...

I cannot think of the last NC team that didn't get to the NC game w/ some LUCK of some sort.

That being said, I'm convinced this team is conditioned so well that their bodies can take the beating but their conditioning keeps them mentally in the game so that they do not position themselves to get hurt.

Basically, if they keep focused w/o being winded then they can keep themselves out of trouble, not only physically but also mentally :arrow: A strong indicator of this is lack of injuries as well as minimal penalties.

I have heard it said before somewhere but I believe Coach Saban practices with a "technique" designed to limit injuries. He is also big on proper techniques to limit the possibility of being injured.

bamafan4ever said:
I have heard it said before somewhere but I believe Coach Saban practices with a "technique" designed to limit injuries. He is also big on proper techniques to limit the possibility of being injured.

Yeah, they do a lot of thud tackling and try to keep folks on their feet.

Back
Top Bottom