| CURRENT EVENTS State of Washington gas shortage

Even for politicians, the lunacy of the Democrats on this is astonishing. They wonder why the oil industry won't rapidly increase its investment to add capacity (which is a long-term decision), yet at the same time they are cancelling oil leases and cancelling oil lease auctions. All of this signals Democrats' long-term animosity toward domestic production, and the industry isn't stupid.

Here's a weird one...at least it was a little weird for me.

Yesterday was my day to buy beer. Stopped at Publix, grabbed a case of Yeungling plus a few other items ** along with two gallons of milk. $2.39 a gallon.

As I'm loading the car a friend calls and asked me to pick up some for his grand kids. "No problem." $2.89 a gallon, 13 minutes later.

** $9.99 lb. Bone-in Rib-eyes.
$9.99 lb. Organic, free range chicken thighs.

Filled up my truck last night. Pump shut off at 100.00 on the dot. By my calculation, I should have been able to hold 2+ more gallons. Got me wondering if the machine only got an authorization for $100 on the swipe. Of course I thought of this after retiring the pump to its holster. I was too slow to try and see if I could squeeze more into the tank. Didn’t think I’d see a $100 tank of gas though. Good thing I didn’t have to pump premium or diesel.

Filled up my truck last night. Pump shut off at 100.00 on the dot. By my calculation, I should have been able to hold 2+ more gallons. Got me wondering if the machine only got an authorization for $100 on the swipe. Of course I thought of this after retiring the pump to its holster. I was too slow to try and see if I could squeeze more into the tank. Didn’t think I’d see a $100 tank of gas though. Good thing I didn’t have to pump premium or diesel.
I think it's determined by each merchant. Recently I noticed Parkers (home of the 28° beer cooler) allowed just at $85. They used to pre-authorize $75 on debit cards.

I think it's determined by each merchant. Recently I noticed Parkers (home of the 28° beer cooler) allowed just at $85. They used to pre-authorize $75 on debit cards.
My Amex used to show a $150 charge every time I'd fill up, regardless of location, then would revert to the actual amount. Over the last week, it's been showing $200. I think it bumped up.

Back
Top Bottom