| NEWS Sports Illustrated is launching sports-themed resorts in top college towns — starting with Tuscaloosa, AL.

By 2025, even more people will have forgotten, or never known, what Sports Illustrated was.
Do you remember when ESPN tried this about 20 or so years ago? It was Zaxby's food, priced like it was the Outback in its heyday, with drinks priced like you were sitting at the rooftop bar at the Peabody. I hit the one in Disney on a trip to Florida and the only thing I found good about the experience was watching the live radio show and its production crew.

Now, I did entertain the idea of the SI swimsuit models making an appearance on a Gameday but I remembered we're living in the age of fat liberation.

They will price it so the average fan can’t use it. Tuscaloosa isn’t a vacation hotspot so they’re hoping to cash in on game weekends. A business based on 6-7 weekends is doomed.

They will price it so the average fan can’t use it. Tuscaloosa isn’t a vacation hotspot so they’re hoping to cash in on game weekends. A business based on 6-7 weekends is doomed.

College bars do it all the time. They use Fall gameday revenue to support their Spring lulls. If you aren't good with money, ownership changes hands like crazy, but if you have an idea of how to manage it, you can survive.

Back
Top Bottom