| FTBL Special Teams Letdowns

G

I am pretty sure that everyone here is aware of our special teams debacle. So far this year we've had 2 kicks run back on us, a punt blocked and 2 or 3 that could have been, a few fumbled punts and several other gaffs on punts, etc.
I hate that Bobby Williams coaches special teams because he is such a good TE coach. I just don't want to see his head roll because of this. It bites that NCAA rules limit the number of coaches you can have because we need a guy dedicated to special teams. It's too important, especially in the SEC where every game can come down to 1 play.

bamaupsman said:
I am pretty sure that everyone here is aware of our special teams debacle. So far this year we've had 2 kicks run back on us, a punt blocked and 2 or 3 that could have been, a few fumbled punts and several other gaffs on punts, etc.
I hate that Bobby Williams coaches special teams because he is such a good TE coach. I just don't want to see his head roll because of this. It bites that NCAA rules limit the number of coaches you can have because we need a guy dedicated to special teams. It's too important, especially in the SEC where every game can come down to 1 play.

While Bobby Williams has the title of ST coach, ALL the coaches share the responsibility. A number of the coaches game plan and scheme the special teams, and Saban himself is heavily involved. Unlike most teams, it isn't just 1 or 2 coaches. It was the same way last year when Middleton was here too.

Back
Top Bottom