Song game

I lived down the shore (Belmar/Spring Lake) just south of Asbury Park back in the late 80's. We used to see great bands at a club called the Stone Pony. Saw Springsteen there numerous times....those were the days.

Nice, AFF! My dad grew up down the shore (Atlantic City, Egg Harbor), he used to see Bruce in the early 70s (I think even late 60s), the early days. He also saw him a bunch of times in Cherry Hill, Philly, and around the So Jerz area. I assume you were familiar with Cats on a Smooth Surface, given your Stone Pony times?

Nice, AFF! My dad grew up down the shore (Atlantic City, Egg Harbor), he used to see Bruce in the early 70s (I think even late 60s), the early days. He also saw him a bunch of times in Cherry Hill, Philly, and around the So Jerz area. I assume you were familiar with Cats on a Smooth Surface, given your Stone Pony times?

Oh yeah. The Cats were always there. In fact, the Boss used to show up unannounced and jam with them sometimes. Them and Southside Johnny and others I haven't thought about in years. The Cats guitarist/singer Harry Filkin had a voice that reminded me of Springsteen...

Oh yeah. The Cats were always there. In fact, the Boss used to show up unannounced and jam with them sometimes. Them and Southside Johnny and others I haven't thought about in years. The Cats guitarist/singer Harry Filkin had a voice that reminded me of Springsteen...

That's so awesome!! Man I was born too late to get to enjoy those days in person lol. I always felt I was born too late ..

Back
Top Bottom