| FTBL Something Not Many People Have

Proud Tiger

Verified Member
I have in front of me something not many people have, some pics of Coach Bryant's grave.unique part is that they are made just after the graveside service and no one is there. Even the tent over the grave hasn't been removed yet. They are great pics with all the flowers. The background on all this is as follows.....an elderly aunt I cared for died last week and was buried at Elmwood Cemetary in B'ham a week ago today just a short distance from Coach Bryant's grave. My oldest daughter, a Bama grad who lives in Orlando was there. She borrowed my camera and walked over to Coach Bryant's grave to make a couple of pics. Last night I was showing my Mom the pics and she pulled out these old pics I refer to at the beginning. I was surprise she had them and I asked where she got them. Well my Dad, grandparents and several other relatives are also buried in Elmwood but in a different area. The day Coach Bryant was buried, she happened to be out at the cemetary and was driving by and saw the grave wwit all the flowers on it. With all the publicity going on at the time she realized it was Coach Bryant's grave so she stopped and made the pics. She had never shown them to me until last night. I will be going to orlando this Thursday and will take and give the pics to muy daughter.

Swamptick said:
Great story. I also live in Orlando...for about another week or two. I hope you have fun while you are down here and please have a safe trip.

Thanks, I'm going down for my granddaughter's HS graduation then going over to the beach for a couple of days.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
scan those things and post them, sounds interesting :shock:

I was showing them to a big Bama fan friend of mine at work this morning and he said I should put them on a CD and advertise it on E-Bay. He said I would make a bunch of money. I told him he was a big mercenary :D

Moderator Roger,
I see you live in Nashville. Is there any kind of fan club or group of Bama fans there that meet or have events? I am in Jackson and frequent Nashville. We have nothing here and I cannot locate anything in Memphis.

MDBtrumpet04 said:
What block is Bryant buried at in Elmwood? I have two family members buried there.

Block 30 I believe. There used to be a crimson line of paint that led from the entrance gates to his grave area, but when I last visited the cemetery in November, I don't remember seeing it. It may be so faded that you can't easily see it now, or maybe I just didn't notice it any longer. He's buried a stone's throw from my grandparents so I normally make the short walk over to his grave every time I stop by.

Porterhouse said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:
What block is Bryant buried at in Elmwood? I have two family members buried there.

Block 30 I believe. There used to be a crimson line of paint that led from the entrance gates to his grave area, but when I last visited the cemetery in November, I don't remember seeing it. It may be so faded that you can't easily see it now, or maybe I just didn't notice it any longer. He's buried a stone's throw from my grandparents so I normally make the short walk over to his grave every time I stop by.

The line is still there, it's just faded.

Proud Tiger said:
Porterhouse said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:

The line is still there, it's just faded.
the last time I was there to visit my grandfather, whom is in the same area as Coach, I could barely see the line, having been there many times in my life I remembered exactly where it was. I was at the funeral that day but no one took any pictures in our group of anything.

Proud Tiger said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

I was showing them to a big Bama fan friend of mine at work this morning and he said I should put them on a CD and advertise it on E-Bay. He said I would make a bunch of money. I told him he was a big mercenary :D

There is something just a bit off with that idea, ya know?

TerryP said:
Proud Tiger said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

There is something just a bit off with that idea, ya know?

Terry, I agree. In any event I am currently in Orlando at my Bama grad daughter's house. I gave her the pics last night so they are in the hands of a Bama fan. I'm sure The Bear is resting easier :D
My granddaughter graduated from HS lastnight here in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom