| FTBL Some news thats nice to see

RollTidePGH

Verified Member
http://postgazette.com/pg/07205/803940-66.stm

The excerpt for those who can't get to links
------------------------

Promotion for Mitchell

Tomlin promoted defensive line coach John Mitchell to assistant head coach.

Mitchell enters his 14th season as defensive line coach, a job he will continue in his new capacity. He succeeds former offensive line coach Russ Grimm, who carried the title of assistant head coach the past two seasons.

This is Mitchell's 34th season in coaching -- 17 in the NFL, 15 in college and two in the old United States Football League. He is a former All-America defensive end at Alabama and the first black player for Bear Bryant's Crimson Tide. He began his coaching career under the legendary Bryant shortly after he graduated from college.

"John Mitchell is a very respected coach in this league by his peers," Tomlin said. "It didn't take me long to realize we share some philosophical thoughts on football. I thought he was a very deserving man."
-------------------------

kinda misleading it was Wilbur Jackson to be the first african-american on the team though Mitchell was the first to see playtime in a game. Still a good article for sure. Thanks!

csdien said:
kinda misleading it was Wilbur Jackson to be the first african-american on the team though Mitchell was the first to see playtime in a game. Still a good article for sure. Thanks!

Well, the Post-Gazette isn't exactly renowned for it's accuracy or journalistic integrity either, so that mistake really doesn't surprise me. But If you like the news from the eyes of a massively pro-union and pro-democratic viewpoint, the PG is the way to go. Unfortunately they do have the best sports coverage of the 2 papers in town.

Back
Top Bottom