| FTBL So we face another undefeated team next week . . .

bear facts

Verified Member
Hope CNS keeps the team focused. Kinda glad we didn't have a second half like our first or else the players might start feeling too good about themselves.

Don't let Kentucky pull an Ole Miss this week!!!

Since we have both played Western Kentucky, I think it's interesting to look at the Stats comparison.

Western Kentucky (vs Bama - vs Kentucky)

Offense
Total Yards 158 - 157 (Pretty much a wash)
Rushing Yards 42 - 142 (obviously Bama has the edge in run D)
Passing Yards 166 - 15 (put into perspective, WKU threw 27 passes against Bama and only 14 vs Kentucky. Probably due to the fact they had more success running against the Cats. Still, 15 is impressive)

Defense
Yards Allowed 557 - 398 (though the scores were similar, this shows Bama was more dominate)
Rushing 281 - 216 (figure in # of plays and it's pretty even. 5.7 yds per carry for both teams)
Passing 276 - 182 (Same number of attempts and completions, the difference comes in yards per completion. 9 for Bama, 6 for Kentucky. This means Bama receivers do a much better job in the Yards After Catch category)

I think this shows that to win the game, Bama needs to run the ball and stop the run. KY's strength is stopping the pass and their weakness is throwing the ball downfield on offense. If we can establish the run and prevent Kentucky from doing the same, it should be an easy win.

RollTideRandy said:
Since we have both played Western Kentucky, I think it's interesting to look at the Stats comparison.

Western Kentucky (vs Bama - vs Kentucky)

Offense
Total Yards 158 - 157 (Pretty much a wash)
Rushing Yards 42 - 142 (obviously Bama has the edge in run D)
Passing Yards 166 - 15 (put into perspective, WKU threw 27 passes against Bama and only 14 vs Kentucky. Probably due to the fact they had more success running against the Cats. Still, 15 is impressive)

Defense
Yards Allowed 557 - 398 (though the scores were similar, this shows Bama was more dominate)
Rushing 281 - 216 (figure in # of plays and it's pretty even. 5.7 yds per carry for both teams)
Passing 276 - 182 (Same number of attempts and completions, the difference comes in yards per completion. 9 for Bama, 6 for Kentucky. This means Bama receivers do a much better job in the Yards After Catch category)

I think this shows that to win the game, Bama needs to run the ball and stop the run. KY's strength is stopping the pass and their weakness is throwing the ball downfield on offense. If we can establish the run and prevent Kentucky from doing the same, it should be an easy win.

Good stuff, Randy. Thanks for posting the common opponent comparison.

"Bama needs to run the ball and stop the run." hmmm . . . I do believe we have the players who can do that.

Yup, now onto Kentucky. I think CNS & Co. will have the boys ready. I am also one of the ones who are kind of glad we didn't play with consistancy in the 2nd half. It gives us something to work for everytime. It's a good time to be an Alabama fan and watch this young team grow.

Back
Top Bottom