| FTBL So does Grant remind you of....

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
Lets calm down on him until he proves it against a decent team. He DID look good Saturday, but it was against a terrible defense. Upchurch had 55yds on 6 carries, so that would be 165 on 18 and I don't think our fourth string running back is THAT good. I think Grant will be good, but using the WC game tells us nothing.

He was showboating over making a first down. Next time I see Prince I'll have to ask him. He used to help out one of his buddies at a local restaraunt here in Alabaster, but it has since closed. :cry: He manages a place here in town off of 280.

rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:
He reminds me more of Siran than the others, but that might just be me...

BTW - Gary Hollingsworth. 8) 8) 8)

If you are 23...How the heck do you remember Siran Stacy??? ;scr

I remember him show-boating in the 1990 Sugar Bowl when Miami beat us. He walked to the sideline and Curry was talking to him, he didn't look Curry in the face and Curry grabbed his face mask and about twisted his head off to make him turn and look in the face while being reprimanded.

I am 25 and I remember him.

Bones82 said:
rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

I remember him show-boating in the 1990 Sugar Bowl when Miami beat us. He walked to the sideline and Curry was talking to him, he didn't look Curry in the face and Curry grabbed his face mask and about twisted his head off to make him turn and look in the face while being reprimanded.

I am 25 and I remember him.

Hmmmmm.....I guess these guys haven't killed as many brain cells as I had by the time I was 25 :drk . :wink:

When I first saw him in the pre-season scrimmage last year i thought he looked alot like Sherman "Tank" Williams with alot more speed.

BTW, does anyone know if Shermans still locked-up? :shock:

bamafan4ever said:
Say what you want about GH but the dude could produce yards and he loved to do it against Tennessee! He threw more 3 yard and under throws than anyone in the history of the game. :lol:

And he was the best at pulling off a play fake of any QB I've ever seen.

Bama Bo said:
bamafan4ever said:
Say what you want about GH but the dude could produce yards and he loved to do it against Tennessee! He threw more 3 yard and under throws than anyone in the history of the game. :lol:

“Are you guys talking about Gary Hollingsworth? Well, you know Gary Hollingsworth was eight feet tall and weighed 450 pounds, right?”
“To Gary Hollingsworth!”
“Well, I remember one time, Gary Hollingsworth purposefully threw a ball, off the safety’s helmet, and had it land right in the receiver’s hands for a twenty three yard touchdown completion!”
“He’s the only QB in NCAA history to throw for 50,000 yards and 700 touchdowns in one game!”
“To Gary Hollingsworth!”

I know Porter will get this reference. :wink:

RollTideRandy said:
Bama Bo said:
bamafan4ever said:

“Are you guys talking about Gary Hollingsworth? Well, you know Gary Hollingsworth was eight feet tall and weighed 450 pounds, right?”
“To Gary Hollingsworth!”
“Well, I remember one time, Gary Hollingsworth purposefully threw a ball, off the safety’s helmet, and had it land right in the receiver’s hands for a twenty three yard touchdown completion!”
“He’s the only QB in NCAA history to throw for 50,000 yards and 700 touchdowns in one game!”
“To Gary Hollingsworth!”

Hell, Gary Hollingsworth could kick Bill Brasky's a$$! :lol:

RollTideRandy said:
Bama Bo said:
bamafan4ever said:

“To Gary Hollingsworth!”
“To Gary Hollingsworth!”

Some will argue that the pass had to bounce off a helmet to make the full 23 yards... :D

Siran Stacy. He was fast, but powerful enough to pound it as well. Siran had a lot of energy about him kind of like Prothro or AC Carter had in that he could really get the crowd pumped. Watch the way he celebrates with the crowd. It was jun watching him jitter bug into the endzone.

Wiseace615 said:
RollTideRandy said:
Bama Bo said:
bamafan4ever said:

“To Gary Hollingsworth!”
“To Gary Hollingsworth!”

Hell, Gary Hollingsworth could kick Bill Brasky's a$$! :lol:

Here here!

TerryP said:
rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

Marshall Faulk in his college years. But, it's a bit soon to say that...

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom