Snow in Lawrence County

[MENTION=13944]Bamabww[/MENTION] nice to see a photo of north Alabama with a little snow. I talked to my mom and dad in Florence this evening and they were happy to see the white stuff. Hopefully, they will see more tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

[MENTION=13944]Bamabww[/MENTION] A lot of family on my dads side was raised in the forest. They have a reunion every year at the lake near Pine Torch church. Great, great grandfather is buried in Moreland Cemetery. I visited the area this past summer when I was home. In fact, we ate at the steak house with the silo in Moulton, not bad.

Just moved to Florence. About two blocks off the water in Lakeside they call it. You can watch the lock raise and lower the river traffic from our neighboehood park. Supposed to get hammered with 2 - 5 inches tonight.

[MENTION=15308]XXL TideFan[/MENTION] I know exactly where Lakeside is located, had many friends who lived there back in the 70's and 80's. My folks live near Newbern's Resturant out on 72 going toward Shoals Creek. Be sure you try It out if you like catfish. If you visit, tell Teresa, the owner, the guy that lives in Ohio who's parents go there EVERY Friday night sent you. hope you enjoy living in the Shoals.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> @XXL TideFan <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> I know exactly where Lakeside is located, had many friends who lived there back in the 70's and 80's. My folks live near Newbern's Resturant out on 72 going toward Shoals Creek. Be sure you try It out if you like catfish. If you visit, tell Teresa, the owner, the guy that lives in Ohio who's parents go there EVERY Friday night sent you. hope you enjoy living in the Shoals.

I worked for a few months up here a couple years ago. We ate at the catfish place, very good. We love the Shoals, my favorite part of Alabama. My wife has ideas of "picking" the area like the show Picker Sisters and having me repurpose everything for her. My stint as a Tooling Engineer for a new Japanese start up and her honey do list look to leave me a couple hours of sleep.

[MENTION=13944]Bamabww[/MENTION] you would want to come up 101, cross Wheeler Dam, turn left on 72 toward Florence. Newbwern's will be about 2 miles on the left after you cross Shoals Creek. You be sure to tell Teresa the same thing I told XXL TideFan. She and her husband Gary are wonderful people.

Should have posted a picture of the catfish plate. LOL Not a fancy place to eat but it sure is good! When I go home, I have it at least twice.

What crime did you commit to get exiled to Ohio? I have turned down so many jobs outside of the southeast.........they don't pay enough, although one in Cincinatti recently got my attention when they mentioned 6 figures and stock options.

Back
Top Bottom