| FTBL Smart clears the air on his and Saban's relationship

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
This article was uploaded 17 hrs ago, and I didn't see anything about on here. If I missed it, SIAP.

Great article, great quotes from both coaches...

"Georgia football coach Kirby Smart cleared up any misconceptions about his relationship with Nick Saban following Monday night's national championship game against the Crimson Tide that culminated in the Bulldogs' first title in 41 years. Smart worked for Saban for nine seasons as his top defensive assistant before leaving for Georgia following the departure of Mark Richt after the 2015 season.

Smart's head-to-head win over Saban snapped a five-game losing streak against his former boss and appears to have brought the pair closer.

“It meant a lot, he’s meant a lot to my career and I probably didn’t see that first hand,” Smart said in an interview with ESPN's Rece Davis. “When they talk about the GOAT, we all know he’s the GOAT. What he has done in a time and age of parity. He didn’t do this when there were only a few top teams. He has dominated college football, I mean dominated to the point where I dont think it’ll ever be done again."

Great quote from CNS about Kirby as well, link to the rest of the article below⤵️

Read the rest: Georgia football: Kirby Smart clears air on relationship with Nick Saban after beating Alabama

Last edited:
I do think things have gotten better but I guarantee you Smart chapped Saban’s butt by poaching coaches, recruits and at least one player when he left. I agreed with Finebaum then and I still do. Time heals old wounds and Bama beating UGA in the ways they did probably provided a lot of balm to the chapped butt!

If you're really good at what you do, Idols become Rivals.

Saban has always had a way of making his losses count, and payback being twice as painful to his rivals. You may win a battle but he wins the war. Urban, Chiz, O, Gus, etc. Until he proves he can't do it anymore, I'll expect next season to be one of those "get back" seasons where a rival remembers why Saban is who he is... 🐐

If you're really good at what you do, Idols become Rivals.

Saban has always had a way of making his losses count, and payback being twice as painful to his rivals. You may win a battle but he wins the war. Urban, Chiz, O, Gus, etc. Until he proves he can't do it anymore, I'll expect next season to be one of those "get back" seasons where a rival remembers why Saban is who he is... 🐐
And hates to waste a failure

Better figure why knees are blowing out

CNS will put Smart back in his place soon enough. Smart has to respect Saban because his results demand it. Saban would not have kept Smart around for 10+ years if he did believe in his abilities. Now when he left with his parting antics it strained things and likely still has some of that remaining.
Doesn't appear....on the surface....so...
If Saban is true to his word...he has positive feelings toward KS...
And same
As with Dabo....

Smarts recruiting aint going away either.... amonster has been born...andwith weak SECe... o boy!

Doesn't appear....on the surface....so...
If Saban is true to his word...he has positive feelings toward KS...
And same
As with Dabo....

Smarts recruiting aint going away either.... amonster has been born...andwith weak SECe... o boy!
Yes Georgia program is strong under Kirby but it was also under Richt. If you recall Smart was being put on the trouble list if he could not find a way to win one. Smart learned how to grind from the best to ever do it. Does he have the will to do it year after year after year... Will he be able to sustain? He may very well do it but Bama aint going away either. Was not the case after losing to Ohio State or Clemson. Bama will be well Bama.

Yes Georgia program is strong under Kirby but it was also under Richt. If you recall Smart was being put on the trouble list if he could not find a way to win one. Smart learned how to grind from the best to ever do it. Does he have the will to do it year after year after year... Will he be able to sustain? He may very well do it but Bama aint going away either. Was not the case after losing to Ohio State or Clemson. Bama will be well Bama.

Yep...UGA program will have to go through what Bamas do...loss of coaches...
Rebuilding....
But it appears to be built for that...
Getting to the mountains....and staying on top-of the mountain...tough!

Bama ....under Nick... has played for NC 9 times....won 6......not bad or staying on top of the mountain

I'm figuring CNS hasn't forgotten Kurbee's exit strategy, poaching players, coaches, taking a photo of UA's recruiting board to be used as negative recruiting vs CNS. Even CNS needs some motivation now and then....

Back
Top Bottom