| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Shrinking - 2023. Jason Segel, Harrison Ford ...

TerryP

Staff
I had no idea what this series was about other than psychiatrists. Within 10 minutes it's easy to see it's Apple+ TV's version of Afterlife. (I've seen a few of those; not bad.)

I find it a little funny I started thinking Shrinking had a Ted Lasso feel in the writing. (Another good one, BTW.)

So, find out, Bill Lawrence is one of the three behind this series: Scrubs and Spin City to name two of the series he's created.

You might have to find it. So far, two episodes in, it's worth the trip. Ford will end up nominated for Best Supporting ...

I've heard it referred to as the " anti" Ted Lasso. Would you call that accurate?
I don't know if I can make a comparison. I did, but it was more about the flow of the script.

Years ago I remember reading The Bachman Books and thinking I'd read "The Long Walk" before and just forgotten. I hadn't, it was just the style I think. Then I found out Stephen King is Richard Bachman and it all made sense.

The feeling I got watching Shrinking isn't unlike hearing a voice-over on a commercial and it taking a minute to recognize who it was talking. I recognized the tone in the character interactions and my mind went to Lasso...and it just so happens to end up as the same source.

For those that don't have Appletv+, find a pirated version. 10 episodes in season one and I've enjoyed every one.

For those that have watched it ... S1E10 can be summarized by "boop." Dayum. I didn't see that coming.

Back
Top Bottom