| NEWS "Should the SEC publicly disclose that an ex-starting quarterback for the University of Alabama is a league referee?" Brooks is trolling again.

the whole "replays are reviewed in birmingham, therefore it's a bias against anyone who plays Alabama" thing really grinds my gears.

they're reviewed there 'cause that's where the sec offices are. if they moved the offices to atlanta, people would then say that about georgia. if they moved them to anywhere in tennessee, they'd say it about either tennessee or vanderbilt. they'd said about louisiana, mississippi, texas, missouri, kentucky, florida, or south carolina if the offices were moved to any of those states. no matter where the offices are, someone will have something negative to say about it. the only way they couldn't is if the offices moved to a state where no sec teams are from. but then that wouldn't be prudent as it wouldn't make any sense to have a league office in a state where none of the teams reside.

as well, just because they're in birmingham, it doesn't automatically make them aligned with Alabama. the amount of Alabama and auburn fans in birmingham is at about a 50/50 ratio. hell, there are more than a few uga, florida, tenn, ole miss, miss st, lsu, aTm, etc. fans that i've seen on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis.

also, the fact that David played for and graduated from Alabama means that he'll never be allowed to officiate a game where Alabama is playing. and that holds true for any other official. if they graduated from one of the schools that plays in the sec, they can never officiate a game in which that team plays. but i guess people don't like to use common sense, anymore. as has been said on SO many occasions....common sense ain't so common. either that, or "common sense is now a superpower".

but, we ARE talking about the media....so that's pretty much a given.

..........Also the head of the SEC officials is Steve Shaw......an Alabama Alum. Before Steve took the Head Official job, he did do a couple of spring games at Alabama. Several years back, his (Steve) 80 something year old dad was running the chains on the side line and got laid out in the spring game. He ended up being ok.

Back
Top Bottom