| FTBL Shawn Watson for OC?

RollTideRandy linked his profile in another thread where we were discussing it briefly.

He's done a pretty good job with Nebraska's offense the last two years...would fit very nicely with Saban.

Another link and here's yet another

While I do like the skills he brings to the table, what I like the most about him is the fact he was the recruiting coordinator for Nebraska.

Seriously, do you realize, if we do get him, how many guys we'll have on staff that used to be the recruiting coordinators for their former jobs or were considering the best recruiter on the staff's at those schools?

BAMAFSTBACK said:
I wouldn't want anything coming out of Lincoln. What Callahan and his assistants did to that program is abhorrent. My two cents.

Their defense was horrible, but their offense ended up being ranked 11th in the nation last year. Hell, in '06 he landed 10, 4 star recruits.

You go back to his Colorado days and you'll see record breaking years there as well.

bcgoody44 said:
If he does happen to come, lets just pray he doesn't install that west coast offense that callahan brought. Could you imagine JPW in a west coast offense?

No worries mate. It'll be an offense that features a strong running game, some spread formations mixed in, that works out of the Ace set. That's Saban's offense.

TerryP said:
He's done a pretty good job with Nebraska's offense the last two years...would fit very nicely with Saban.
BAMAFSTBACK said:
I wouldn't want anything coming out of Lincoln. What Callahan and his assistants did to that program is abhorrent. My two cents.

I agree no thanks theres got to be better fish in the the sea. I'm sure he did a great job in Lincoln, but this is not Big 12 we are talking about either. I'm not sure if he'd be able to do so well in the SEC, but I'm sure CNS will take care of matter.

Agreed
porkchop said:
All I know is that while Nebraska had a ton of problems this year none of them seemed to be with the offense. Nebraska put up some points.

Sat, Apr 14 Spring Game - - Memorial Stadium Red - 38 - White - 0 (W)
NFL Network

Sat, Sep 01 Nevada 20 - Memorial Stadium 52 - 10 (W)
ABC

Sat, Sep 08 Wake Forest 16 - at Winston-Salem, N.C. 20 - 17 (W)
ESPN

Sat, Sep 15 USC 14 1 Memorial Stadium 31 - 49 (L)
ABC

Sat, Sep 22 Ball State 24 - Memorial Stadium 41 - 40 (W)
FSN PPV

Sat, Sep 29 Iowa State * 25 - Memorial Stadium 35 - 17 (W)

Sat, Oct 06 Missouri * 25 17 at Columbia, Mo. 6 - 41 (L)
ESPN

Sat, Oct 13 Oklahoma State (Homecoming) * - - Memorial Stadium 14 - 45 (L)
FSN PPV

Sat, Oct 20 Texas A&M * - - Memorial Stadium 14 - 36 (L)

Sat, Oct 27 Texas * - 17 at Austin, Texas 25 - 28 (L)
ABC

Sat, Nov 03 Kansas * - 8 at Lawrence, Kan. 39 - 76 (L)
FSN

Sat, Nov 10 Kansas State * - - Memorial Stadium 73 - 31 (W)
VERSUS

Fri, Nov 23 Colorado * - - at Boulder, Colo 51 - 65 (L)
ABC

You can say that again they cound'nt stop anyone. They did put up some points...

Optimus said:
TerryP said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:

I agree no thanks theres got to be better fish in the the sea. I'm sure he did a great job in Lincoln, but this is not Big 12 we are talking about either. I'm not sure if he'd be able to do so well in the SEC, but I'm sure CNS will take care of matter.

Agreed
porkchop said:
All I know is that while Nebraska had a ton of problems this year none of them seemed to be with the offense. Nebraska put up some points.

NFL Network

ABC

ESPN

ABC

FSN PPV

ESPN

FSN PPV

ABC

FSN

VERSUS

ABC

You can say that again they cound'nt stop Ball State...

Again, he's not the defensive coordinator.

porkchop said:
Optimus said:
TerryP said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:

Agreed
porkchop said:

NFL Network

ABC

ESPN

ABC

FSN PPV

ESPN

FSN PPV

ABC

FSN

VERSUS

ABC

You can say that again they cound'nt stop Ball State...

Again, he's not the defensive coordinator.

You should have waited for me to edit! Forum Troll@@ :wink: :lol:
img3.jpg

I would pass too. Maybe he can recruit but they scored against nobodies and when other teams are scoring as many and as fast as they did, you get a lot of chances. Even the blind squirrel finds the nut...

Rolltide24 said:
I would pass too. Maybe he can recruit but they scored against nobodies and when other teams are scoring as many and as fast as they did, you get a lot of chances. Even the blind squirrel finds the nut...

ABC

TerryP said:
Rolltide24 said:

ABC

Like I said, Nobodies. Twice the possessions and not even twice the points as the woeful Tide of 2007. Moot point now.

eventhough Watson is probably great, I'm kinda glad it's a moot point now. I really would crap a gold turkey for Hatcher, or someone who is innovative without giving up the running game (we are Alabama after all). And, of course, they would have to be able to recruit. CMA obviously did a fantastic job of recruiting.

Back
Top Bottom