| FTBL Shaun Alexander!!

I don't know if this is the right area to post this, but hopefully so.

It appears that Shuan's days in Seattle are numbered. Yesterday The Seahawks signed former Dallas Cowboys running back Julious Jones to a contract and they also already had former Atlanta Falcons rb T'J Duckett on their roster.

It's unfortunate that Shaun will be probally be on his way out of Seattle, but hopefully another team will pick him up. But, with his age and injuries lately it might be hard for him to land a good job.

Cory

BamaFan615 said:
Is he a Free Agent or are they going to have to trade him?

It's looking like they will cut him instead of trading. If they trade him they will loose 100k in the salary cap, so come June 1st he'll be a free agent.

Right now there is no telling where he'll end up. I can think of about 9 teams in need of a solid running back/back up.

seems to me, he really started dogging it after he signed that big contract. maybe it was an injury, but to me it just looked like he wasn't running w/ the same passion. i will pull for the team he signs w/ unless it is new england.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
seems to me, he really started dogging it after he signed that big contract. maybe it was an injury, but to me it just looked like he wasn't running w/ the same passion. i will pull for the team he signs w/ unless it is new england.

i think losing Steve Hutchinson was part of the reason he slowed down a bit. being plagued with silly injuries doesn't help either.

I've tried to bite my tongue, but I can't. Holmgren is a moron. He has always been enamoured with the QB. The season Shaun won the MVP, Holmgren let Hasselbeck pass them out of a Superbowl. He's always claimed that Shaun wasn't a pass catcher out of the backfield. He was never a Marshall Faulk, but he did ok for himself at Alabama. I remember him burning team after team with a slant across the middle, but he never got that chance at Seattle.

If the injuries could go away, he could have a revival of sorts in another program (except Arizona :lol: )

I don't know if New Orleans is interested but I do know that Deuce McAlister is coming off major knee surgury,his second one, so we may be shaky in that position. Bush isn't an every down back durable enough to carry the load all season.
I'd love to have SuAlaexander on the Saints.
Realistically I don't see the Seahawks cutting him till next year though.

its such bull crap. just 2 years ago the man was the NFL MVP and set all kinds of records, but he gets injured and now they wanna get rid of him. and replace him with who? TJ Duckett & Julius Jones? 2 guys who have not done ANYTHING at all in their entire NFL careers. smh. Shaun will be fine, hopefully he can come back down south. Houston is a place where i could see Shaun landing, im sure Demeco will def. be recruiting for them lol. i just wish Atlanta hadnt signed Michael Turner now, because we coulda got Shaun. he'll be fine, it just pisses me off how they're doing him. only a few days after the GM said they werent going to get rid of him because they knew he could get back to his old form, and how he was talking about being excited for next year because he was ready to get back to playing the way he was before the injuries. jackasses. come back down south Shaun!

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:

dogging it? the year he signed that big contract he broke his freaking foot! and kept playing. this year he broke his damn hand and sprained his knee yet kept playing.

shipley00 said:
I've tried to bite my tongue, but I can't. Holmgren is a moron. He has always been enamoured with the QB. The season Shaun won the MVP, Holmgren let Hasselbeck pass them out of a Superbowl. He's always claimed that Shaun wasn't a pass catcher out of the backfield. He was never a Marshall Faulk, but he did ok for himself at Alabama. I remember him burning team after team with a slant across the middle, but he never got that chance at Seattle.

If the injuries could go away, he could have a revival of sorts in another program (except Arizona :lol: )

I seem to remember him ctaching passes out of the backfield fine at UA. Some team will pick him up. He is still a solid NFL running back. Being a Dallas fine I am glad to see J. Jones go away.

Seattle's OL was horrible at run blocking, after they lost their #1 guy, they had no one who knew how to block for rushing + Holmgreen is a QB crazy coach, so he wanted his team to be more pass oriented. That's the main reason Shaun's #'s went down and probably a huge contributing factor to his injuries.

I think he'll be back in his true form if he gets on a team that isn't afraid to run the ball.

I love Shaun.

He had some great years with Seattle and was an incredible overachiever, but he will almost certainly be cut and he will be a risky pick up for another team. MVP season or not, he's lost a step and is damaged goods in the eyes of many NFL GMs. (What have you done for me lately?)

If he wants to continue, I hope he lands with a team and has success. I just don't see an organization with serious title hopes taking a chance on him. He's likely to end up with a bottom feeder like Atlanta, Phoenix or the Raiders.

:?

reger60 said:
I love Shaun.

He had some great years with Seattle and was an incredible overachiever, but he will almost certainly be cut and he will be a risky pick up for another team. MVP season or not, he's lost a step and is damaged goods in the eyes of many NFL GMs. (What have you done for me lately?)

If he wants to continue, I hope he lands with a team and has success. I just don't see an organization with serious title hopes taking a chance on him. He's likely to end up with a bottom feeder like Atlanta, Phoenix or the Raiders.

I hope it's not the Raiders, every good player that goes there, their career had might as well be over with, as Oakland will surely finish any kind of comeback.

The only exception being Moss.

ghice said:
reger60 said:
I love Shaun.

I hope it's not the Raiders, every good player that goes there, their career had might as well be over with, as Oakland will surely finish any kind of comeback.

and Marcus Allen.

ghice said:
reger60 said:
I love Shaun.

it pretty much did kill his career, hes just lucky he got traded. lol a 4th round draft pick for 20+ TDs. lmao thats ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom