| FTBL Seeking advice.

G

My boss it a Tennessee fan. How do I play this week? How do I play next week?

Also, my next door neighbor is an LSU fan, so same questions for that game?

Terry's question is of utmost significance.

But, if you can't have a little fun with friends/coworkers/family who pull for a different team, you (or them) probably shouldn't be a fan. Just my opinion.

Let me ask you something, how would your boss be treating you if those scum bags from TENN where winning?

What would he be saying?

You could give him this pic.

sheepshaggeric2lb1.jpg

volsareno1oe2.gif

are you loud or soft spoken? meaning if you naturally are one, then the other wouldn't make sense.

how did they play when they were whooping our a$$ is fairly important as well :D.

personally, i wouldn't say a thing, just let bama do the talking. not really anything a fan does to win the game, so just sit back and enjoy.

TerryP said:
Does he sign your paycheck?

No he does not, Uncle Sam does that. However being military he can (and has) sent me to Iraq with little to no notice.

A worst case scenario would have be standing up a recruiting station is some little village within sight of the Iranian boarder. :lol: Of course a snow covered Afghanistan can be a winter wonderland around Christmas (or bowl season) as well.

Optimus said:
Let me ask you something, how would your boss be treating you if those scum bags from TENN where winning?

What would he be saying?

Honestly, he is just about right...Public and passionate about his support, but smart enough to know that this does not mean that one has to be a jerk.

I will tell you that a co-worker (LSU fan) filled her boss's (Auburn fan) office with purple and yellow balloons...wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Unfortunately the boss came rushing in to be standing by the phone for a phone call from a General when he discovered it. He created new profanity phases, the LSU didn't help her cause by laughing, and I'm waiting to see what flavor of payback will come her way come performance review time.

I'm thinking that I should share cigars with him regardless.

My office lead is a former Tennessee cheerleader (male) who is married to another UT cheerleader (female). <Why I felt the need to clarify that I'll never know> He used to really dog me during our lean years, but lately has been quite vocal on his disgust with Phil Fulmer. You may find your boss in a similar state...wanting Bama to pull out the big win for one last nail in Phil's coffin.

LBS said:
TerryP said:
Does he sign your paycheck?

No he does not, Uncle Sam does that. However being military he can (and has) sent me to Iraq with little to no notice.

A worst case scenario would have be standing up a recruiting station is some little village within sight of the Iranian boarder. :lol: Of course a snow covered Afghanistan can be a winter wonderland around Christmas (or bowl season) as well.

In that case, I'd probably make it a point to talk (in depth) about every other SEC game I could think of this week.

With the exception of two people, everyone in my section of the building are Clemson fans and those two don't follow football. I didn't say a thing to them before the game other than "it should be a good one and I feel better about this game now than I did in the spring." (a good month or so of that before we played Clemson)

Strategically, I've had something Alabama related in my office on Monday mornings this year. To this date, they haven't had a lot to say to me other than complimentary things. (I did field a handful of questions about Dabo and my thoughts on that)

Talk about UGA vs LSU this week...pretend we don't even play. I think, if I were you, about the most I would say is a question as to why there are so many UT tickets available for this game.

I quit my job in December of 1998. Coincidence considering I'm in Tennessee? I did have another lined up, but boy was I glad I wasn't working for my Tennessee fan jerk of a boss during January. Funny how this year is going. I've had so many ut fans already come to me with their hat in their hands prepared for another beat down like last year. I generally don't rub it in as much as I probably should considering I remember when the shoe was on the other foot.

I wouldn't say much before the game or after. A quiet confident smile/wink works every time. Then again maybe not a wink for you. :D I would make sure to wear Alabama attire if we win. Then again I wore it when we would lose as well...I just tend to wash more when we win. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom