| LIFE Seeing the evolution of an office desk visualized is just mind-blowing.

Meanwhile I was recently up to a desktop and 2 laptops hooked up to three monitors with multiple mice and keyboards (UBS switching hub came in handy there for the laptops). Honestly, when I see someone with just a laptop and their phone on their desk I know they are in management.

Meanwhile I was recently up to a desktop and 2 laptops hooked up to three monitors with multiple mice and keyboards (UBS switching hub came in handy there for the laptops). Honestly, when I see someone with just a laptop and their phone on their desk I know they are in management.
As I'm sitting here looking at a split screen on my laptop with a third brower on a monitor I'm wondering what it means if ... say someone has five computers but they're in different locations? 🙃

As I'm sitting here looking at a split screen on my laptop with a third brower on a monitor I'm wondering what it means if ... say someone has five computers but they're in different locations? 🙃
Let's not mention that. My laptops are docked so I can have all machines in multiple monitors and usually I have a couple of remote VM connected on each running one thing or another. Usually it is a remote VM used as jump server to get to an isolation network.

Maybe. Everyone doing lots of work still has notepads, pens, 2-3 monitors, and usually a keyboard and mouse. I still have to draw out program flow at times to know how my logic is going to work before I start.
I used to have dual 24" monitors, but I changed to a single, 32" ultrawide monitor...wall-mounted, of course.

But the other stuff is still there:
Pens
Pencils
Permanent marker
Moleskin hardcover notebook
Small 6' tape measure
Pocket-sized personal phone book
Remote for my PS5
external HDD
eyeglass cleaning solution and microfiber towel
2 speakers
2 coffee mugs
Insulated water bottle
Medication
Phone
Watch
Airpods
Charging station for phone, watch, and Airpods
Back scratcher
2 Funko figurines (Big Al and a Stormtrooper)
Control knob for my desk lamp
Various important papers
Desk shelf
I even still have my fidget spinner that I play with from time to time

I used to have dual 24" monitors, but I changed to a single, 32" ultrawide monitor...wall-mounted, of course.

But the other stuff is still there:
Pens
Pencils
Permanent marker
Moleskin hardcover notebook
Small 6' tape measure
Pocket-sized personal phone book
Remote for my PS5
external HDD
eyeglass cleaning solution and microfiber towel
2 speakers
2 coffee mugs
Insulated water bottle
Medication
Phone
Watch
Airpods
Charging station for phone, watch, and Airpods
Back scratcher
2 Funko figurines (Big Al and a Stormtrooper)
Control knob for my desk lamp
Various important papers
Desk shelf
I even still have my fidget spinner that I play with from time to time
business-commerce-desk-big_desk-map-manager-new_office-daln184_low.jpg

That's funny because I was talking with a friend yesterday about him making me a frame for a new desk. My current desk is 52" long. The new one I want to build would be around 7' Yes, that's a long desk, but that's what I want. And I want the frame to be made of steel tubing. So I need my friend to weld it for me as I know nothing about welding. The top I'll make similar to my current desk top; made from 1x6s with breadboard ends and stained.

That's funny because I was talking with a friend yesterday about him making me a frame for a new desk. My current desk is 52" long. The new one I want to build would be around 7' Yes, that's a long desk, but that's what I want. And I want the frame to be made of steel tubing. So I need my friend to weld it for me as I know nothing about welding. The top I'll make similar to my current desk top; made from 1x6s with breadboard ends and stained.
My Grandmother's dining room table, which she bought used from one of her great aunts, is 60 inches and is going in my study. It doesn't take a couple of monitors long to fill up a space.

In terms of being a dinosaur, I still use a paper planner, two pages a day, supplemented/duplicated of course electronically. Written notes stay with me better. I moved from Day-Timer in college, bounced around a few things including self-designed approaches, and I've been a Franklin-Covey customer for about twenty years (been at the Monarch size for some years). This year, I set up a smaller two-page a week Classic to manage the progression of getting out of one house, moving and retiring.

Back
Top Bottom