| FTBL SEC West

ACL11190

Verified Member
Do we have to go undefeated to get into the SEC Championship game?

If we beat lsu and lose to auburn, would that put LSU, Alabama, or Auburn in the game?

confusing

ACL11190 said:
Do we have to go undefeated to get into the SEC Championship game?

If we beat lsu and lose to auburn, would that put LSU, Alabama, or Auburn in the game?

confusing

It all depends on what LSU and the Barn do. If we win out, we are in... if we don't, we would need help.

If we win out we are in; if we lose to LSU they are in. If we beat LSU and lose to the barn and all otherwise win out there would be a three way tie. The 1st tiebreak would be head to head, but all thee would be 1-1. The second tie break would be record in the west, where we and LSU would be 4-1 and the barn 3-2, thus eliminating them. The third tie break is head to head among Alabama and LSU, so assuming we beat them, we would go to Atlanta.

Impossible to say what will happen at this point. AU has to have a miracle happen to go and it is between Alabama and LSU at this point for the West.

If Alabama wins out over LSU, Miss St, and Auburn, they will go. If LSU wins out over Alabama, Ole Miss, and Arkansas, they will go.

If Alabama loses a game and LSU wins out, they will go, and vice versa. If both teams lose the same number of games, the West Champion will be decided by the winner of the head-to-head game in Tuscaloosa in two weeks.

It will be difficult for Alabama to go if they lose to LSU.

Interesting times ahead for the next two months.

West
Alabama: LSU, MSU, Auburn
Arkansas: South Carolina, Tennessee, LSU
Auburn: Ole Miss, Georgia, Alabama
LSU: Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas
Ole Miss: Auburn, LSU, MSU
MSU: Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss

East
Florida: Georgia, Vanderbuilt, South Carolina
Georgia: Florida, Kentucky, Auburn
Kentucky: MSU, Georgia, Tennessee
South Carolina: Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida
Tennessee: South Carolina, Arkansas, Vanderbuilt, Kentucky
Vanderbuilt: Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee

It could go in anyones favor to be honest.

To put it simply, we have to beat LSU. We could then lose to Auburn, but Auburn would of had to lose to Ole Miss or Georgia.

All I've got to say is: If we beat one of the Tiger teams...I'll be happy.

Yup, swamp kittens or barns and nobless, doesn't matter to me this year.

On one hand I'd love to take it to the Barners and wipe that horrible streak off the plate. On the other, I'd love to force-feed some crow to the higher ranked LSWho fans who are pissed at us (for whatever reason) that we have Saban now.

We just have to win out, that's all there is to it peroid. It's do or die plan and simple. That's the way we should play it as well. Every game counts like it's our last in the SEC because if we lose to LSU it's over as far the west race.

We have to beat that cow college christ it's been 5 years!

Tider 27 said:
To put it simply, we have to beat LSU. We could then lose to Auburn, but Auburn would of had to lose to Ole Miss or Georgia.

All I've got to say is: If we beat one of the Tiger teams...I'll be happy.

Auburn would not have to lose. If Bama, Auburn, and LSU finish in a 3-way tie at 6-2, with Bama beating LSU and losing to Auburn, then Bama wins the West.

Auburn would not have to lose. If Bama, Auburn, and LSU finish in a 3-way tie at 6-2, with Bama beating LSU and losing to Auburn, then Bama wins the West.

He's correct, beat LSU and lost to Auburn and you're still in. Lose to LSU and you're pretty much out, of course with this season who knows.

Back
Top Bottom