| FTBL SEC Power Rankings after Week 5 - Share yours!

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
After 5 weeks of play, here's my updated SEC Power Rankings* (sponsored by Mackinaw Peaches). As mentioned before, the formula on this is 66% how the teams have looked thus far, 33% the potential of the teams based on analytical projections powered by Texas Instruments TNS5100®, and 1% bias.

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Tennessee
4. Georgia
5. Missouri
6. Ole Miss
7. Kentucky
8. Oklahoma
9. LSU
10. South Carolina
11. Texas A&M
12. Arkansas
13. Vanderbilt
14. auburn
15. Florida
16. Mississippi State

*Again, these are power rankings, not true team rankings which would look somewhat different.

-There's a new #1 and it's Alabama. I still think 1-4 are kinda bunched together... any matchup between them would be a good game where the difference might come down to who has the home field. But, those 4 have started to separate themselves and form their own tier. Mizzou is left out of the top tier clique.

-Ole Miss really fell on their face against Kentucky, but they are still full of potential. A wild card for a head coach, but they have the dudes. Any given week where they play their A game, they'd be a handful for anyone.

-Kentucky is climbing back up the ladder, which means they are likely miss a step and fall back down at any point now. But mid pack SEC... like a warm glove on a cold day to Mike Stoops.

-Mizzou was off this weekend. They travel to College Station on Saturday. I'm interested in seeing how they handle that, a game I think they should win, kinda easily if I'm being honest. I'm not as high on A&M as most though. And I'm still unsure of what Mizzou is made of. Even my trusty TNS5100® was spitting out SYNTAX ERROR on the calculations.

-The Sooners need to figure some stuff out on offense, soon. They also need a snake doctor or shaman to get some of their players back on the field. Their defense is pretty good, but way too much is being asked of them. Maybe they can find some magic during the bye, before the Texas showdown. Their schedule the rest of the way is brutal.

-LSU also gets a week off before hosting Ole Miss, another game that will answer some questions. That game will likely be pressure packed for both teams... each will need that win in terms of SEC (which by default is playoff) positioning.

-South Carolina is a little hard to peg. That dragging of Kentucky is looking weirder and weirder. But they have a very unforgiving 4 game stretch now with Ole Miss, @ Alabama, @ Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. I think they can go 2-2... also can see 1-3. We shall see...

-auburn finds new ways to lose every week, and now they travel to play a pissed off UGA squad in Athens. Spoiler alert: The new way this week will be via blowout. Have fun.

-Mississippi State actually put up a decent little fight for 3 quarters in Austin, but someone has to be last.

Back
Top Bottom