| FTBL SEC Power Rankings after Week 4 - Share yours!

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
After 4 weeks of play, here's my updated SEC Power Rankings (sponsored by Mackinaw Peaches). As mentioned before, the formula on this is 66% how the teams have looked thus far, 33% the potential of the teams based on analytical projections powered by Texas Instruments TNS5100®, and 1% bias.

1. Texas
2. Tennessee
3. Georgia
4. Alabama
5, Ole Miss
6. Missouri
7. Oklahoma
8. LSU
9. South Carolina
10. Texas A&M
11. Kentucky
12. Arkansas
13. Vanderbilt
14. auburn
15. Florida
16. Mississippi State

-With Bama and UGA off, but about to square off, Texas and Tennessee both went out and solidified their positions at 1 and 2.

-Ole Miss seems to quietly be going about their business in a way... seems a lot of the attention is on some other teams... partly because of schedule, I'd imagine.

-Mizzou just about got tripped up... Vandy is a better team this year overall than we are used to seeing from them, but Mizzou should have handled them. A reminder that in the SEC, any given week, a landmine can lurk in unexpected places. Lucky for Mizzou, they survived that one.

-Oklahoma may have found something with backup QB Michael Hawkins... I'm giving them a bump over LSU based on the hope he may provide.

-LSU has issues... Kelly has a way of ironing things like that out over the course of the season, but losing Perkins is a blow to a defense that could ill afford it. The offense misses a playmaker at QB. Nussmeier is solid, but they need more than that.

-I have Vandy over auburn for now, but it's really close.

-Mississippi State is the clear cut worst team in the league. They are awful.

-Again, reminder, THESE ARE NOT RANKINGS.

-

Scoff at over six hundred yards, in four games, in a row. No. Not hard to give credit in the least bit.

Its a kiffin offense. The are gonna roll up yardage n points. But.....

When u are playing against those teams and running a high flying O. Wwhat u expect

If it was ball control O They would get 350 yards of O and win 38-0. Would be the same

It's matchups.

As I see it this week...

1) Texas
2) Georgia
3) Tennessee ( Impressive, but I'm not moving them ahead of uga just yet.)
4) Alabama
5) Ole Miss ( Lightest schedule in the SEC)
6) Oklahoma ( still looks pretty dang good.)
7) Missouri (dodged a bullet.)
8) LSU ( there's something about this team that doesn't seem right.)
9) Kentucky
10) South Carolina (might be lots better than thought to be.)
11) Texas A&M (victory over UF doesn't move the needle much)
12) Arkansas
13) Vanderbilt
14) Auburn
15) Florida
16) Mississippi State

I'd say Texas v Ole Miss today: SECCG,
Ole Miss still plays @ LSU, Oklahoma and Georgia. ( @South Carolina could be challenging also.) I just don't see the rebs getting through that unscathed. Texas has the easiest conference schedule) I can see Texas getting there. I think Texas vs (Ga, Bama, or Tenn-C) If Ole Miss makes besurprised and I'll stand corrected. I', hoping for a clean game this weekend.

Ole Miss still plays @ LSU, Oklahoma and Georgia. ( @South Carolina could be challenging also.)
Back in the preseason I said they were going to jump and surprise someone. It's probably in Brandon's thread about wins. I know a few really close to that program that tell me it's "ying/yang" in practice from Monday to Tuesday. (My gut tells me that Shane is in the wrong place, at the wrong time. But watch his recruiting.)

Do you think UGA can outscore Ole Miss?

Back in the preseason I said they were going to jump and surprise someone. It's probably in Brandon's thread about wins. I know a few really close to that program that tell me it's "ying/yang" in practice from Monday to Tuesday. (My gut tells me that Shane is in the wrong place, at the wrong time. But watch his recruiting.)

Do you think UGA can outscore Ole Miss?
Ole miss DC can deliver headscratching games... but, no i wouldn't put money on uga out gunning ole miss, but the ga D is capable of playing well enough to slow the rebs down significantly. But, on any given Saturday....

Back
Top Bottom